Security Installer Community

Gardtec 800 having problems

Steve Jones

I reprogrammed the system I have now myself, just had to be methodical.....was hoping the gardtec 600, which was suggested would be an easier swap over, same companies use similar board connections, so I am told....

can gardtec be bought by by the public, or do they supply to,installers only ?

thanks

I am retired, so have some time to spare, thanks for your concern......couldn’t find anyone selling gardtec...

my problem is, that it seems so difficult getting answers on forums, no disrespect intended.....I asked a question on a certain plumbing forum and was told off, that if I needed to ask that question I should employ a plumber..

am of the opinion that many forums try to worry the OP to the point he she will employ a tradesman....

thanks

Buy the 600 and get on with it where you get stuck just ask here 

Although I don't know anything about the 600 lol 

If your system is all wired then probably even the honeywell flex will be a better option 

The wiring won't be an issue as you can work out what is what before swapping over 

1 hour ago, Steve Jones said:

am of the opinion that many forums try to worry the OP to the point he she will employ a tradesman....

"Steve" I hope the DIY sex change went well...

The active posters on plumbing or alarm forum are probably earning a living from that trade

I have direct a/c with risco, but unless there is a reason like only a risco product fit in the wallspace I'd be using a premier or a full euro,

If you want to do your panel change,  great stuff 800 - 600 means placing resistors in all detection devices or creating a global tamper

I'd allow a 1/2 day, for alarm eng to do the job,  

Mr? Veritas God

2 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

premier or a full euro,

Are these makes ?

couldnt find them to investigate......so another gardtec isn’t necessarily simpler for the upgrade ?

just can’t afford £400 been quoted for two new KP’s and a panel.....

would one one of the systems you suggest accept the sensor  cabling I have without modding....resistors etc ?

thanks

be cheaper to buy a dog LOL

• Downvote 1

£400 sounds very cheap.

Good luck with the vets bills for your dog, if you think alarms are expensive.

I know this is the DIY forum but you can't teach people how to install an alarm in a forum.

Many of us here have been doing this a long time and have qualifications for what we do to provide the best standard of protection for our customers.

It's not all about sticking boxes on walls, putting coloured wires in holes and making Mario music from a keypad in the hall, despite popular believe.

Generally we can tell if you are competent at the task from the questions you ask, it would be silly not to advise you to seek professional help at this point.

There are mains voltages present and electronics that could overheat or even, catch fire if wired incorrectly. I would not like to be responsible for any issues occurring from injury or death.

Sorry if this is similar to what you got from your plumbing forum but it's true, we see enough poorly fitted stuff day to day during working hours not to assist in making more in our spare time.

As I said before you are looking for a panel capable of wiring DP circuits, if you do not wish to disturb the sensors; this is Double Pole if you need to search for that.

The more commercial variants of the Premier or Euro are two options and there is likely others but each installer has there own preferred kit so recommendations are not helpful in this way.

Hello

thanks all the advice observations and comments.....

Based on what’s been said.....i have decided to abandon the present alarm system altogether and go for a wireless one.....easier to install also..

Some of the alarm wiring  was installed in 1987 so not sure how long it will be before any of that fails, buried between floorboards, in walls etc etc.......

so just need a good wireless alarm system, with approx 11 PIR’s 5 door sensors 3-4 smoke alarms 1-2 KP’s ( need partset overnight so may need 2 KP,s)

thanks again

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Steve Jones said:

Hello

thanks all the advice observations and comments.....

Based on what’s been said.....i have decided to abandon the present alarm system altogether and go for a wireless one.....easier to install also..

Some of the alarm wiring  was installed in 1987 so not sure how long it will be before any of that fails, buried between floorboards, in walls etc etc.......

so just need a good wireless alarm system, with approx 11 PIR’s 5 door sensors 3-4 smoke alarms 1-2 KP’s ( need partset overnight so may need 2 KP,s)

thanks again

Nah, even Yale is going to bust your budget 

Based on what your saying now I think your making it all up, no one in there right mind would go from wired to wireless unless you had to

Like I said , budget is busted , although some Chinese gear from.ebay might do you

We’ll call it a day, didn’t come on here to be mocked.......

wanted some help to some serious quaestions......I will find out another way..

as I said the wiring is 30 years old, so a wireless system seems the way to go.......

maybe this can can be closed now, don’t think I will find out what I need.....

• Downvote 1