Security Installer Community

Work extension and tech upgrade

Driller

1 hour ago, Driller said:

Sometimes when I come here and ask questions, it reminds me of being at work.

If your taking about sex nuts in the surgery expect a tribunal .....

Sexnuts- A long female connector with a domed head on the outside of the door, which takes the set screw that holds the plate on.

This the std fixing which is in carboard box with the maglock

However you can buy an optional plate housing to avoid having a dome fasting on the door

Edited by MrHappy

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Describes my assistant to a T :whistle: Don't know about the domed head though

Now going to decide whether to put it through the door or get an armature housing or even tap a hole as just found out there's a reinforcing plate in the door on the inside. But there's a more important problem.  All credit to you blokes for what you do-this is not easy and I've been buggering around with it for most of the day and I've got literally nothing done.

Unfortunately due to the size of the transom, I'm in a no-man's land whereby I can't directly mount the magnet as the line of holes on the opposite side of the mounting bracket to the door leaf are right on the edge of the transom but if I use an L bracket the magnet is about an inch away from the armature. So I'm going to have to order an adjustable Lbracket (I think) and that's the day wasted.

You live and learn.

I was going to say Kelston Round Hill, but it isn't, is it? Solsbury?

I still have a few customers in Bath, one not far away from your practice, about ten years ago I moved from Weston, Bath, to Weston, Super-Mare.

Now working part time as a Paramedic and part time running the best security company with 4 letters and starting with C, except for Case who admittedly probably are better.

Wow this is like that 'where are they now bit' on Buzzcocks isn't it... :)

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Close, one tree hill, Timsbury just up the road from Radstock.  Spent my youth round there moseying about in the countryside between band practices in Midsomer Norton and Priston village hall. 

Those are good customers to have I reckon, the place has changed so much over the last 25 years, hardly recognise it, so much money has come down from London although the city centre itself has become one big coffee shop it would seem.

Part time paramedic and installer sounds...different, I like it!.  Sounds a bit like a bloke who played in rock bands until his early 20s and then went to dental school but still plays ;-)  What do you do if you get 2 call outs at the same time then, 1 someone having a heart attack and another having a heart attack because their alarm won't work?

BTW WSM fantastic, the great man himself (JC) being born there

Edited by Driller

55 minutes ago, Driller said:

Close, one tree hill, Timsbury just up the road from Radstock.  Spent my youth round there moseying about in the countryside between band practices in Midsomer Norton and Priston village hall. 

Those are good customers to have I reckon, the place has changed so much over the last 25 years, hardly recognise it, so much money has come down from London although the city centre itself has become one big coffee shop it would seem.

Part time paramedic and installer sounds...different, I like it!.  Sounds a bit like a bloke who played in rock bands until his early 20s and then went to dental school but still plays ;-)  What do you do if you get 2 call outs at the same time then, 1 someone having a heart attack and another having a heart attack because their alarm won't work?

BTW WSM fantastic, the great man himself (JC) being born there

Well, it pays the bills and stops me getting bored in either job! If only I'd been more interested in the medical world at an earlier stage I'm sure I might have been able to take things a bit further. There is some truth, but also a lot of hype, about how 'autonomous' we are now, despite there being more guidelines (mandatory) than ever, but it's fair to say over the last 2 nights my leave at home rate was about 80% and that just wouldn't have happened ten years ago, then again I suppose ten years ago we didn't get all the 111 cast-off calls for 'chest pain' (i.e. coughing...) either!

Most but not all my customers are aware of my limitations and nearly all of them are on cloud/IP which is the only way it works. Disable a zone and do the site visit some other time works well, it's never been an issue yet.

I guess at least with your current career you don't have to worry about (assumes...;) ) you not quite being a rock superstar, plus it's good to have a different hobby, there are more than a handful at work where the service literally IS their life, I'm sure it's the same in most hospitals and sometimes you need people like that, other times I just think it's a little bit sad.

Funny you mention Timsbury as I'm off there tomorrow very early - via a quick call in Corston, and then MsN Friday!

I don't think it's actually that funny but Mr. C wrote a 'graphic novel' (yeah, a comic) which relocated the Superman back story to WsM...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands