Security Installer Community

Work extension and tech upgrade

Driller

**** must stop going to work on Sundays...dunno about having to ride to "get" a moto GP, seeing them jostling for position at the front is instinctively exciting for anyone IMO, haven't had that in F1 for years.  For whatever reason there's less sponsor money in it than F1 though.

They should get Bernie in to sort it out-I hear he's available (actually best not, he'll only f%*k it up like he did F1).

8 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

I thought I'd been had the other day, but it's now 14 days so phew. Tiny stretch of 30 between two parallel 40's just outside Bath.

I had, in fact, just nearly overrun a Stop junction - which is something I would never have thought I was capable of, especially as I then recognised it from TV

as a notorious accident blackspot! As a result of that, I either didn't notice the main 30 signs, or they might not even have been there having been knocked over by the last crash!

Anyway I was doing about 38 just as I noticed the repeater sign with the camera symbol - and yes, you've guessed it that was the day the guy was out with the camera, no-one behind so

put the brakes on sharpish, I was driving towards the camera, I have heard conflicting stories as to whether some of the newer units work both ways or not. Anyway, 14 days and nothing.

Did I ever tell you I am eligible for exam-free membership of the IAD on the basis of my emergency driving certificate!?

I had similar 3 weeks ago,heading towards Cardiff on the 60, went down to 50 and I was still just under 60.

came round a bend and the unit was up on a bridge,must admit my actual speed would have been 54 55 so it would have been harsh but not impossible to get done.

Close shave though? Thankfully all the large box fixed cameras round here that used to be in the Bristol / Somerset / Wilts partnership are rusty history, the thin digital ones are under council control, thankfully there are only a handful of those and they could never afford new ones.

Not that I condone speeding...

On public roads...

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

16 minutes ago, sjsturner said:

M5 looks to be full of them soon though?

i knew the main ones in Bristol were turned off but they don’t need to be on, never gonna get caught speeding in a traffic jam

Oh yeah sorry should have mentioned, yes the M5 managed section has lots, they adjust to the signs and they go off ALL the time (they actually flash to my surprise) - even at 70 for NSL.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

it snowed heavily on Wednesday, there was about 3" of snow laid on the unclassified rd between a village & a hamlet

the road is fast & sweeping, a touch bumpy but I'm pottering along at steady pace,

as I reach the right hand bend I realise I can't quite tell the difference the road & the verges,  I've misjudge the bend its tighter than I thought I'm going too fast & are heading into the trees,  I just miss ending up in the ditch more though luck than talent....

I stop further up the road to check for damage,  there's still an 1" of snow all over the front end..... imprinted in the snow theres loads of small leaf prints,  I use a hat to clear the lights, grill bumper ect.... not a mark on it

• Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God