Security Installer Community

Monitoring built into Eaton i-On platform

I saw this coming a little while back as two new options appeared on the master webpage for my Gen II i-On panels.

But it was officially announced today, it would seem you can now get SIA over IP monitoring via CSL and Webway at the click of a button on Ion Gen II platforms (So far, Style, 30R and 40H), no extra hardware required.

I suppose the next release will be a 3/4G module to fit into the i-On footprint. However, if it is the usual £250 touch of previous Eaton GSM add-ons it would be hard to recommend over existing external module solutions eg webway nano.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Its actually a little odd when you think about it.

Panel has all hardware for transmission of encrypted SIA data over IP built in.

Simultaneously Eaton provide the gateway website that collates data for installer and emails / alerts re. any faults.

I can fine tune it eg to only ever hear about confirmed alarms, low batteries and tampers, for example. This functionality

familiar to webway users.

Same Web based platform also provides online engineer access.

So why does SIA data flow via ww / csl, rather than direct to monitoring co.? The benefit I suppose is mostly for those who have

inherited mixed estates which are on ww / csl platforms but want to fit this product going forward.

Don't forget this is only available on new gen2 products and sadly not by updating older ion products.

However, it is also unlikely ion 50 and 160 customers will want or be allowed this basic single path level of signalling, for them the product is still fully

Webway compatible in the traditional external, dual path module way

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

8 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

When did you last use it?

I never used it, I saw the demo of it and that was enough, That muppet Norton tried to tell me how the antenna works on the panel,
How superior their antenna system was compared to other manufacturers... He was totally talking out of his at$se at the time,

He showed me the demo kit, powered it all up and it was utter dog *****.
Wireless range was worse than poor, the newer keypads look like they belong in toysRus.... The kit is toss imo

2 hours ago, PSE said:

I never used it, I saw the demo of it and that was enough, That muppet Norton tried to tell me how the antenna works on the panel,
How superior their antenna system was compared to other manufacturers... He was totally talking out of his at$se at the time,

He showed me the demo kit, powered it all up and it was utter dog *****.
Wireless range was worse than poor, the newer keypads look like they belong in toysRus.... The kit is toss imo

So you like the orisec keypads yeah?

Come on be serious it's not a bad panel , not many firmware issues like texe eh

But hkc is better....

Although I still working on hkc to convince myself to remove my gd48 at home , wired it's hardcore 

5 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

So you like the orisec keypads yeah?

Come on be serious it's not a bad panel , not many firmware issues like texe eh

I am being serious, I speak as I find. IMO its bin tat. Were not refuse to use Orisec panels, I've said previously that they need a lot of work

Their keypad plastics are fine, detector plastics and lenses are rock solid, BUT the keypad displays are far too cluttered and the text display quality looks naff

I guess its each to their own,  As someone once said to me,....  You can put lipstick on a pig,... But its still a pig

I quite like some of the relics, (98 tick) what a great idea! But seem to have stood the test of time, never really liked Ion from the launch, loads of things missing that we wanted (zones on RKP for swap outs, code lock timers ect)

we had the demo and it was a disaster, but the old boss made us fit some small domestics with it.i

3 hours ago, sjsturner said:

I quite like some of the relics, (98 tick) what a great idea! But seem to have stood the test of time, never really liked Ion from the launch, loads of things missing that we wanted (zones on RKP for swap outs, code lock timers ect)

we had the demo and it was a disaster, but the old boss made us fit some small domestics with it.i

Worst invention zones off keypads for lazy people lol

7 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

98 tick ... the moment the apprentice thinks he's put it in walk test and you realise your going to be on site longer than you expect.

Lol, many a time, even by good engineers

6 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Worst invention zones off keypads for lazy people lol

Don’t use them unless I have too, but we had a big site with zones off RKP so the Ion was a non starter at that time, as the existing TS2500 had code lock timers in use as well :-(