Security Installer Community

Galaxy night set with radiofob?

Hants

I have just fitted a Galaxy Flex 50 in my house, and it seems to be up and running. 

I would be very grateful for some pointers to resolve a few minor snags.

I have a radio fob. Is it capable of doing a Night Set?  - Rather than the Part Set.

(It will be convenient to use this indoors in the evening - Otherwise, I suppose, I can make the Part and Night identical.)

I have put an internal siren/speaker by the front door, so I can hear the setting sounds as I leave the house. The keypad is deeper inside the house.

I am not hearing the setting sounds on the speaker. I had expected this to duplicate the sounds from the keypad.

Have I missed a setting? Any suggestions for fault finding if it's in the wiring?

Thanks

Robert

1 hour ago, Hants said:

I have just fitted a Galaxy Flex 50 in my house, and it seems to be up and running. 

I have a radio fob. Is it capable of doing a Night Set?  - Rather than the Part Set.

(It will be convenient to use this indoors in the evening - Otherwise, I suppose, I can make the Part and Night identical.)

I have put an internal siren/speaker by the front door, so I can hear the setting sounds as I leave the house. The keypad is deeper inside the house.

I am not hearing the setting sounds on the speaker. I had expected this to duplicate the sounds from the keypad.

Have I missed a setting? Any suggestions for fault finding if it's in the wiring?

Thanks

Robert

Think you need to set part set option for night, if you get me 

Does the speaker do the end beep?

Thanks. Good to know for sure.

I probably don't need both Night and Part sets. One will be enough.

I don't hear anything from the speaker.

Which tones should I get?

Are there any settings relating to this. I couldn't find anything.

I have not checked the wiring or speaker yet.

I see no reason why not, esp with the MAX.

For the RF fobs I guess you would have to be sure that you don't use the fob more than 256 times at one site before returning to the other, as that could upset the rolling code...

Unless they are 2 way, in which case I am unsure of the answer.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

57 minutes ago, Hants said:

Another quick question ...

Can radiofobs be associated with 2 separate alarm systems, well out of range of each other?

And also other MAX fobs and cards?

Thanks!

I thought it will work fine 

Only fibs that don't are some texecom ones , something about them writing to the fob Inna certain condition , can never remember what though

57 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Only fobs that don't are some texecom ones , something about them writing to the fob in a certain condition , can never remember what though

I believe they are written to just once on registration, preventing them being cloned so easily?

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/11/2017 at 10:21, Hants said:

Thanks

Robert

Thinking back to this post while looking at the RF portal on the Flex+ 50 V3.39 today.  If you have a TCC8 fob, then pressing the lightbulb icon button will night set the Flex.

• 3 weeks later...

No problem. The radio features of the Galaxy are poorly documented. I don't think I've seen it written anywhere what the fob led sequences actually mean. Perhaps I should put together a one pager.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GalaxyGuy said:

No problem. The radio features of the Galaxy are poorly documented. I don't think I've seen it written anywhere what the fob led sequences actually mean. Perhaps I should put together a one pager.

They probably read this and get even lazier