Security Installer Community

Honeywell Galaxy G2-20 - Unused Zones in Tamper

Olympus_Jim

You never mentioned a tamper on 1001, so unless that zone is not being used, then no resistor required there.  You aren't shorting the zones, you're just setting the zone permanently closed by placing 1k across the zone to ground (0v).  Zones that are 1k are closed. Zones at 2k are open. On the G2, any higher or lower resistances are tamper.  The resistance boundaries are in the manual.  Here's the zones info for your G2:

On the left block (RIO 0)   zones are:

On the right hand block (RIO1) zones are:

1014  - Resistor to 0v

1015  - Resistor to 0v

1016  - Resistor to 0v

1017  - Resistor to 0v

1018  - Resistor to 0v

As Galaxy Guy has explained.

See attached photo.

But cut your resistors down, I've left them long so you can see how to fit yours.

Your resistors could also be green not blue. 

20171126_002854.jpg

Edited by Jms

Hi all,

Many thanks for all your help it is much appreciated. I will fit the resistors as your photo shows as the panel came with a lot of resistors in the pack of which all are blue, and which I have used on the terminals within the keypad. 

Alarm is now operational and all I have to do now is configure the system for full set / night set, which will be my other job for today. 

Thanks again.

James

4 hours ago, Olympus_Jim said:

Hi all,

Many thanks for all your help it is much appreciated. I will fit the resistors as your photo shows as the panel came with a lot of resistors in the pack of which all are blue, and which I have used on the terminals within the keypad. 

Alarm is now operational and all I have to do now is configure the system for full set / night set, which will be my other job for today. 

Thanks again.

James

You mean you used a 680ohm in keypad ? 

Hi all,

Yes, apologies I checked the keypad and it is the 680 ohm resistor I have used in the keypad.

I have another quick question if someone could help me.

The new alarm is in the same position as an old system. I have gone for the wireless RF for all the detectors but to avoid the requirement to start chasing into walls I am utilising the old wiring from the panel to the bell box (which is also the original).

However, the bell box is not in a good position and has been located for ease rather than function. My question is are then any wireless bell boxes on the market that are compatible with the G2 that will avoid me having to put chases through 3 rooms.

Regards,

James