Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9751 won’t see wired 8 Zone expander

Hi

got a problem with a Scantronic 9751 it won’t see the zones on a hard wired 8 Zone expander board it will see the expander tamper switch but none of the zones.

indicated  fully supervised loop with link is there somewhere in the programming that you have to do but the last one I did I just put FSL link in and it could see zones 9 onwards. 

I can program the zones from 9 onwards but it won’t see them when I walk test.

any help would he great.

Andddd.... here he is.

So... I am guessing you've done a cold restart following fitting?

I am guessing you've wired the FSL zones as per the instructions?

And I'm guessing it is addressed as 'Expander 1'?

I had a funny situation with a 9853 a few years back where you had to use Address 2 due to the on-board zones (if using FSL). I wasn't expecting it, I still though '1' would be an acceptable address...

9954.thumb.PNG.08826838c2b2eeec99bee973d2aaf90d.PNG

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

1 hour ago, datadiffusion said:

Andddd.... here he is.

So... I am guessing you've done a cold restart following fitting?

I am guessing you've wired the FSL zones as per the instructions?

And I'm guessing it is addressed as 'Expander 1'?

I had a funny situation with a 9853 a few years back where you had to use Address 2 due to the on-board zones (if using FSL). I wasn't expecting it, I still though '1' would be an acceptable address...

9954.thumb.PNG.08826838c2b2eeec99bee973d2aaf90d.PNG

Reminds me of a 9571 that would accept a wired expander until I removed the wireless expander , probably what your saying , I just got rid of the wireless was easier to wire everything up lol

One day that ricochet will catch up

Keypad and expander addresses are mutually exclusive... It isn't like Menvier M / x5 kit.

I expect the system may be assuming that as there is an expander 2, there is also an expander one somewhere and hence offering up zone 9 onwards... Though it shouldn't. You may only have to enter zone 17 to 24 and it should work.

But personally I'd change jumper back to 1, keypads to 1 and 2, cold restart, hopefully you won't need to default...

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands