Security Installer Community

veritas 8 problem

gazh

hi lads can anyone help . ive got a veritas 8 system in my house which was installed before we bought the property  , the alarm has been working ok up till now where when we set the alarm itjust keep beeping and wont set , when doing a walk test its saying zone 3 which is just a pir , even when alarm is not set the pir is just constantly flashing on and off , is it time to change the pir as im assuming there is nothing wrong with the wiring as its been working ok . any help appreciated thanks gaz

Does the 'pir' also have green and yellow lights?

Very unlikely for a v8 grade installation but just wondering if its a risko detdctor indicating 'mask'.

Also don't some Honeywells do this when they fail self test?

Assuming you do mean the pir itself is flashing.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

18 hours ago, george.h said:

Potentially even a literal "bug" in the sensor.... depending on how well sealed it is....

Sensors have been sealed against your 'bugs' for years now, I would be very surprised if that's it . Not a problem these days.

• Like 1

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.