Security Installer Community

ADT System

SFB Solutions

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of taking over an existing ADT alarm system for a client?

I have been approached by a prospective client who has an existing ADT install of over 10 years old. They have decided to cancel their ADT contract and have asked me to take a look.

Am I right in thinking ADT install a different type of panel to most?

I know installing a complete new system is the belt and braces answer but I didnt want to quote for this unless it really was necessary.

Regards

Alex 

Probably usual story they don't want to pay, probably well maintained but never been upgraded , what happens if your maintenance charges are same as ADT will they still pay?

Unless it's a lesecure or whatever it's called or domonial they all straight forward , those to stay clear 

1 hour ago, SFB Solutions said:

Thanks for the reply.

Its a long winded story and I wont go in to it here but it wasn't money (apparently).

Will ADT hand it over or will it be a case of a hard reset and start again?

Reset, ADT will for a charge sometimes

What panel

35 minutes ago, norman said:

I'd be looking to crash and reprogramme any takeover liability wise.

Will ADT hand what over?

Probably means engineer code

But I believe they do setup as a standalone system on a last call no?

I'd hope as trade he wouldn't expect a co to disclose the engineer code.

Yes if they are requested then they will default, but often the contracts are cancelled between visits so to speak.

Just now, SFB Solutions said:

Yes I meant engineers code.

No.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

45 minutes ago, SFB Solutions said:

I am meeting the client soon and will take a look at the equipment to ascertain what they have, I must admit I'm expecting it to be a galaxy with custom firmware but we will see.

Will be hardcore if it's a domonial 

Hi 

If the system requires a level one response  [police] adt will retain the urn.  It is easy to rip the panel out and replace with new Texecom  or Eaton   , adt  takeovers always  throw up a hidden gem  usually no cable to the sas or cables not marked zone list missing etc

must of changed  several hundred over the last five years 

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, petercts said:

Hi 

If the system requires a level one response  [police] adt will retain the urn.  It is easy to rip the panel out and replace with new Texecom  or Eaton   , adt  takeovers always  throw up a hidden gem  usually no cable to the sas or cables not marked zone list missing etc

must of changed  several hundred over the last five years 

Lol,  sorry no offence

Hi 

when you work as slave  you get all the **** jobs [as sub contractor]  that's why we have takeovers  the company tried to be clever and took the maint  contract   for a chain of corner shops    go in change the panel  -sas -fit redcare all at a fixed price and  8 hours labour  very little profit  and all the agro  of free callouts  just lots of new bell boxes  

3 minutes ago, petercts said:

Hi 

when you work as slave  you get all the **** jobs [as sub contractor]  that's why we have takeovers  the company tried to be clever and took the maint  contract   for a chain of corner shops    go in change the panel  -sas -fit redcare all at a fixed price and  8 hours labour  very little profit  and all the agro  of free callouts  just lots of new bell boxes  

well after hundreds I'd be looking to cut the rate down to 6hrs as surley you must be faster by now ?

Mr? Veritas God

So I had my meeting with the prospective client and its not a normal ADT System (I don't think) its a Networker TS790/900, turns out its around the 16 years old mark and the keypad is on its way out.

My local supplier doesn't stock these units, anyone heard of them? I might end up quoting for a new equipment install utilising some existing wiring if I'm honest.