Security Installer Community

Hello

SFB Solutions

3 hours ago, norman said:

James is notorious for being quick..

Hello and welcome.

Hopefully just in his responses

I want to do some research on NSI and SSAIB, do you have any advice on where to start? I want to see if I can work out which accreditation would be best for me.

2 hours ago, SFB Solutions said:

I want to do some research on NSI and SSAIB, do you have any advice on where to start? I want to see if I can work out which accreditation would be best for me.

Best seems commercial CCTV to make money

And oh yes that ssaib easier thingy for insurance work 

2 hours ago, SFB Solutions said:

What experience do you have?

1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

Best seems commercial CCTV to make money

And oh yes that ssaib easier thingy for insurance work 

Sorry I wasn't asking what work is best, just what out of the NSI or SSAIB, I'm edging towards NSI as they run courses and seem to be more helpful on the phone etc so far.

1 hour ago, PeterJames said:

What experience do you have?

Hi Peter, I have been in the Security and Facilities industries for the last 15 years, does that affect which accreditation I should go for? Any advice would be welcome.

9 minutes ago, SFB Solutions said:

Sorry I wasn't asking what work is best, just what out of the NSI or SSAIB, I'm edging towards NSI as they run courses and seem to be more helpful on the phone etc so far.

Hi Peter, I have been in the Security and Facilities industries for the last 15 years, does that affect which accreditation I should go for? Any advice would be welcome.

What security?

6 minutes ago, SFB Solutions said:

Sort of, experience and abilities go a long way, SSAIB and NSI silver are similar NSI Gold is a different animal all together. Your abilities will make a difference to what you can go for.

What is your experience though? Installer? management? security guard?

Ah ok I'm following you, initially I'm looking at silver with a view of growing to gold over the next few years but I want to make sure NSI is the way to go before booking myself on to their applications course next week..

Ive worked in installations of access control, alarms and CCTV mainly. Security Management, Guarding Management and Facilities and Facilities Management. A varied past from national installation firms, small install firms, subbing and large City firms in London.

18 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

@SFB SolutionsFrom your question I assume your experiences are in FM rather than a proper alarm co. ? 

Accreditation is expensive to gain & maintain, there's easier ways to make more money (IMHO)

I have experience in both, I have worked for one of the big national alarm firms

Yes I agree, but if I want to work with larger firms in the City (London) accreditation would be needed, as well as obtaining Police response and a URN?

16 hours ago, petercts said:

Hi

I ,am local to you and noticed the shop the other day  nice display  & website 

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your kind comments, we are linked with the shop and based there for now. The website I'm still working on but its coming along.

Hopefully see you around.