Security Installer Community

Hello from sunny Manchester

LeeC

Hi all, we are Fox Alarm CCTV & Access Systems a new company in sunny North Manchester. Backed by an insurance provider we are hoping to carve out a modest living here in the North West and beyond. With insurance customers nationwide we will be looking to recruit sub-contractors throughout the UK and obtain SSAIB accreditation. Lots to do...

Can anyone tell me how to update my profile image?

Many thanks 

Fox Alarm CCTV & Access Systems - www.foxalarm.co.uk

Hi, and welcome! Which insurer are you working with? I am guessing you don't have SSAIB yet? Not considering NSI?

As for the image, just click on 'LeeC' itself, then see small icon in picture in the screen that appears.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Thanks. Apollo Insurance in Accrington, they are a commercial insurance broker.

No accreditation yet, i had an uneducated look at both SSAIB and NSI and SSAIB seems to be a little less demanding, so bearing in mind our need to get up and running ASAP the path of least resistance seems the best way to go. People may have a different experience? I am sure it is something that we will review again as we move forward. Something we had considered was trying to acquire a small accredited installer in the South East Lancashire / Manchester area but the difficulty is identifying those businesses.

Is there somewhere on TSI that we can set out our stall and advertise for businesses for sale or to make contacts with sub-contract installers?

Still struggling with the profile picture, the window that opens when i click on LeeC is just a menu, i will try in a different browser and see if that makes any difference.

33 minutes ago, LeeC said:

Bearing in mind our need to get up and running ASAP the path of least resistance seems the best way to go. People may have a different experience?

My experience with NSI (although we ultimately didn't) is that NSI Silver feels no harder to obtain than SSAIB for the right co, and from there lies Gold, of course, when you're ready.

There will be many on here that are in either, but if you truly have large ambitions NSI feels like to the right way to go, for a little extra work?

Definitely in our area it feels that the quality firms are in NSI, and the SSAIB ones a little more shoddy / bedroom based. I am NOT saying this is a general feeling or can be extrapolated nationally,

before anyone here in SSAIB thinks I'm having a go! One firm was NSI Gold and now SSAIB, go figure :)

What experience do you have on installations already? And are you offering fire as well etc...? As some would argue the only really profitable bit.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Thanks for the input, something to think about before we commit. No plans for fire just yet, we have enough business lined up for intruder, but its something we need to look into as we have already been asked to look at sites that have both and we are not going to win contracts offering half a service.

Thanks Norman, but i am not seeing that picture icon in the bottom left for some reason, but no worries.

5 hours ago, LeeC said:

Is there somewhere on TSI that we can set out our stall and advertise for businesses for sale or to make contacts with sub-contract installers?

Sorry missed this earlier. You will need 5 posts minimum (that shouldn't take long!) and then you can apply for trade - search for 'trade membership' in the forums for more.

5 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

! One firm was NSI Gold and now SSAIB, go figure :)

Went bump and started again using same name slightly

Loads have do it around here.

• Upvote 2

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.