Security Installer Community

Galaxy flex panel

Moataz

Hi guys, I need help with my galaxy flex panel fx050 , I connected the anti-drill sensor on it and the keypad was working great and also.the anti-drill sensor was detected then.I left it working and go home, the next day I come and found the problem , the keypad is not chatting.with the panel and the panel red led was flashing but now it is steady , waiting for your help.

Thanks

Sounds like the panel has crashed. Power off mains and disconnect battery momentarily to reboot. If it happens again, replace the panel.

Take care when connecting the Flex battery leads. If you get the polarity wrong, you will destroy the board.

So, when you powered up, the LED gave a quick flash, but then instead of going constant, then flashing shortly after, the LED just stays on constant ?      Is the panel voltage showing  +12V from aux ?   

It does seem too much of a coincidence that you were making a change, then experienced an issue afterwards. 

Did you power down the panel when making the change. Did you use the 51.17 shut down / halting procedure to power down in an orderly manner ?

Try disconnecting all external connections - keypad Etc. and if it still does this, then it sounds like the board.  If within warranty, return to the vendor.

No, once power connected give steady light, and stay steady.no, I didn't power down the panel when I made a change .51.17 shutdown / halting procedure to power down ? I don know about this procedure I just removed the power cable and the battery cables.

If the led illuminates immediately and remains on, then the board is faulty.  How long was the panel installed for?

Since the Flex is running an operating system with a JFFS file system for storing panel settings etc, it's important to use the 51.17 shutdown procedure.  Normally, if JFFS gets corrupted it will recover itself, but there's always a chance that it may not.

Under programming option 51.17 there are several options. One of them is shutdown and it performs an orderly shutdown of the panel operating system, flushing any config settings from memory to filesystem before you power off.

It's not guaranteed that this is the issue. It could also be component failure.  Was it an eBay purchase, or under warranty?  Just ensure that you disconnect all external connections and power up just to confirm that it's the panel and not some other external factor.

I am sorry @Galaxy Guy and thank you so much for your support and actually stucked in this situation and it is my first time to work on intrusion system so I will be so grateful if you guide me how to access the panel and how to.find this option because I am beginner in this field but I have to.do it coz my company asked me for it

If the panel LED goes straight to ON, then the bus is not starting up, so there will be no communication with _any_ keypads or USB. So no point in trying device addressing or RSS.   You cannot perform any operations on the system, as it will not boot far enough.

If the panel LED was flashing, then yes it may be a peripheral address, but the fact that it's going straight to solid means that there's a low level problem that's stopping the panel even booting.

OP, you haven't confirmed if the LED goes straight to ON at power up when all other connections are disconnected.  You need to do that.

For information, this is what the Flex should do when booting up.

1. When you connect power to the PCB, the LED on the PCB gives a very quick single flash  (while the redboot boot loader is loaded).

2. After about 15 seconds, the LED on the PCB comes on  (the bootloader has loaded the operating system).

3. After about another 25 seconds, the LED on the PCB will give a continuous repeated quick flash - as per Galaxy bus devices  (the operating system is running and the Intellibus and Galaxy busses have started up and should be talking to devices).

If you disconnect all connections, then plug in the DC power connector and do not get stages 1 to 3, then it's likely the board has a fault.  Prepare for replacement.

1 minute ago, Moataz said:

@Galaxy Guy I had to go for replacment because the led go.straight to on at power up , but I have what is called programming key that connected direct to the PCB , can this work for reprogramming the PCB

How many times have you plugged in the key , with mains on? Battery only or without both , just wondering

No no I didn't plugged in the key , am just asking if I can reprogramme it with the key or not, the pcb was working good and the anti drill sensor was connecting to it and I left it working for 15 hours then the problem happened and I don know what happened

4 minutes ago, Moataz said:

@Galaxy Guy I had to go for replacment because the led go.straight to on at power up , but I have what is called programming key that connected direct to the PCB , can this work for reprogramming the PCB

I'm not sure what you mean.  Can you post an image or link of the 'programming key' you are talking about ?

I haven't seen a programming key for the Flex.  I did see an SPI key offered on SecurityWarehouse, but not sure where that plugs in, as there's no socket apart from USB.  I had just assumed that it was a mistake on SW.

I think it must be a part number mistake, as there's no mention of any SPI bus on the Flex in any documentation.  Some PCB's have the SD slot populated, but it hasn't been carried in the design.

There's no low level firmware recovery option for standard users. Your problem may even be hardware.