Security Installer Community

Accenta G3 not arming

Comstadcity

Hi All,

I hope that somebody can help me. The house we bought about 3 months ago has a G3 alarm system fitted in the understairs cupboard with an Accenta keypad in the hallway.

Everything has been working fine so far but for the last few days when we put in the 4 digit code to set the alarm as we leave to go out I've noticed that the beeping (approximately every second) doesn't actually stop and when we return several hours later I can still hear it whilst I am stood outside.

I have noticed that when I input the code before I leave the zone 1 led illuminates, I don't honestly know if this used to happen when the alarm was behaving normally or if this is part of the problem of the alarm not arming.

I am a complete novice at this as I have never had a house with a burglar alarm before. Any tips/advice on finding a cure would be greatly appreciated.

Seems your exit our at front door is permanently open circuit , could be cable or the detector hence beeping continues even when you get back I assume? 

You want to get an engineer to fix or yourself?