Security Installer Community

I could do with some help

I had an alarm system installed in 2002 and never really used it.

Anyway the fire alarm keeps going off and we dont have a fire.

I have added the pictures, not sure if you can tell me the model or any help.

if I do pin then 6 it changes the time, 0 does call cs, 5 does pin change.

if you could help me that would be great, the company that fitted it are closed.

Phil

thumbnail_IMG_3108.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3109.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3110.jpg

Just now, PhilUK said:

I had an alarm system installed in 2002 and never really used it.

Anyway the fire alarm keeps going off and we dont have a fire.

I have added the pictures, not sure if you can tell me the model or any help.

if I do pin then 6 it changes the time, 0 does call cs, 5 does pin change.

if you could help me that would be great, the company that fitted it are closed.

Phil

thumbnail_IMG_3108.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3109.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3110.jpg

What you mean fire alarm keeps going off 

You got a picture of when it's in fault? 

Fire Z06 Alarm then Zone 06 it says,

Basically, it started at 3am last night and just went off.. the internal alarm was sounding but the outside box does not.

It started again about 4pm and then again.. so I want to try and disable Zone 06

Edited by PhilUK

You wont get in with 7890 the engineer code would have been changed. Have you tried calling your installer?  If its not been serviced since 2002 its likely your problem will be battery related, it should have been replaced four times since 2002 

As for the model it will almost certainly be a Scantronic 9651EN, as it has no 'banner text' meaning it's not going to be a 9651UK (which shows only 9651 in the 2nd line) or any other 9x5x, unless the banner text was left blank which is unlikely.

Fire zones is showing rather than tamper faults so this is a little odd. Is the panel in what used to be an unfinished garage? Just wondering if there is a boxed in sensor in the former open roofspace??

But as above TAC are very much a going concern, and quite good from what I've heard. It will need a new system battery as well as a fix.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

The tamper thing was my fault.. its nothing to with the error. I was just showing it to locate what system I have.

The system started to go off last night, the error was Fire Z06 Alarm then Zone 06 however I just went down and entered my code and it reset it.

I didnt think much more off it.. until it started to do it again today. I left it in error mode hoping that would stop it.. however it didnt.

The error is part of zone 6 which is the smoke alarm part. I want to disable that but without the right code (07890) or 7890 does not work.

I contacted the company out of hours to find out the code.

To answer the above, it was once in the garage which was converted to a room in 2007 and been fine since. I think there is a fault with the smoke sensor.

We are selling the house, so just wanted to disable zone 6 as I dont really use the alarm.

Edited by PhilUK

What I have done is this.

Took the smoke dec off and then entered my pin number.. so that should stop the internal alarm from sounding?

Where could I buy one of these?

thumbnail_IMG_3112.jpg

3 minutes ago, norman said:

No they won't tell you it, but they will come out and default it for you (for a cost obviously), much cheaper than a sleepless night...

Why would I have to pay again? I paid for the system in the first place!

Edited by PhilUK

3 minutes ago, PhilUK said:

17 years ago you bought a car, would you expect someone to come out for free to decode the radio....

the best place to buy an A2Z Smoke would be CSD Professional  

Mr? Veritas God

4 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

the best place to buy an A2Z Smoke would be CSD Professional  

Which should have been changed in 2010. Although unless you've remembered your installation dates wrong, a little unfair, IMHO, for a large company to be fitting 2 year sat on the shelf detectors.

Even I would rotate / manage stock enough to avoid a 2 year old detector with a ten year life being fitted. But anyway, this is now and 15 years later just a little unfair for you to expect a free visit.

Also I mis-read your first post where I thought you meant you didn't (or were not aware) of having a fire alarm

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

8 minutes ago, PhilUK said:

What I have done is this.

Took the smoke dec off and then entered my pin number.. so that should stop the internal alarm from sounding?

Where could I buy one of these?

thumbnail_IMG_3112.jpg

Your paying for them to fix it, what you paid for the system doesnt cover free callouts forever.

1 minute ago, PeterJames said:

Your paying for them to fix it, what you paid for the system doesnt cover free callouts forever.

No.. I don t want them to fix it. I want the code so that I can disable zone 6 and without that code I cant disable it.

Edited by PhilUK

Just now, PhilUK said:

No.. I don t want them to fix it. I want the code so that I can disable zone 6

But if they give you their unique engineers code then they compromise every system with the same code...

Give BMW a call and ask for the code for the 2017 map updates

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

2 minutes ago, norman said:

But if they give you their unique engineers code then they compromise every system with the same code...

Yes, I understand that however maybe if you buy a closed system they make that code your pin or something. its fine. taking the smoke thing off the wall has worked for now.

If I can find another replacement ill replace it with it. hopefully what its connected to, will not need to be changed.

Edited by PhilUK

1 minute ago, PeterJames said:

Well if you wanted to fix it yourself you should have told them when they installed it, they would have fitted a DIY system 

Well, I guess you only need it when something has gone wrong! so 17 years later I find this out.. its ok because I know now.

11 minutes ago, PhilUK said:

Well, I guess you only need it when something has gone wrong! so 17 years later I find this out.. its ok because I know now.

No, you only need it if you intend to service it yourself, 99% of professionally installed systems have a service contract.  

1 hour ago, PhilUK said:

Well, I guess you only need it when something has gone wrong!

I would not need any codes to work on your existing system

1 hour ago, PhilUK said:

so 17 years later I find this out.. its ok because I know now.

What a set of bastards... imagine your next disappointment when you discoverer the smoke detectors not been manufactured for decade or so....

• Like 1

Mr? Veritas God

as above a2z are long gone, maybe because no one replaced them when they should of been.

You wont find anything to fit the same base. 

If your selling the house its usual that all things are working?

Get it under a service contract and they can replace the defective unit. Then you have no issues vs etc etc

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.