Security Installer Community

We're in the WRONG trade guys!

dufjax

4 hours ago, dufjax said:

Looks like we picked the wrong trade. Electricians earn £156,000 a year....... Well according to the Daily Fail Mail... So it must be fact!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4874400/Electricians-earning-156-000-year.html

I saw an alarm engineer vacancy at £80k a while back, but I would guess a pound of flesh would be the requirement for the wage.

theres money to be made if you take the risk,old man worked in war zones in the mid to late 70's as a spark was coming out with £300 a week which was about the same as this 150k thing, think the average take home pay in the uk was around £50 a week back then

Just now, sjsturner said:

Bet he cleared the mortage quick with that!

is it still lucrative on the rigs?

its all relative as you move up the housing ladder i guess,he worked the rigs later on but not the same money i dont think the rigs pay v risk is great these days

Proper grafter then, fair play.

the money should be good when your working away. Was talking to a woman I know today who said her bloke is going from working in Germany to Kuwait for a year because the money is so good, she said it's great because the mortgage will be paid off soon, thing is though he sees his two kids a few weeks a year and don't do f all with them, been working away about 5 years now. I feel sorry for him if he thinks that's living. 

4 minutes ago, sjsturner said:

thing is though he sees his two kids a few weeks a year and don't do f all with them, been working away about 5 years now. I feel sorry for him if he thinks that's living. 

thats the downside,saying that ive done so much call over the years i might as well have been working away,chasing the money is fine at the time,in hindsight i wouldnt do it again

2 minutes ago, sjsturner said:

The lure of money and finacial security is a hard thing to pass up, luckily for me I've grown up in a county that pays **** money anyway so the temptation isn't so great lol

i was taking home 600 a week early 90's doing marine great money then,great money now tbh sick of working away ended up in this game working the clock to make the same,now im older and wiser (cough) i use norms wisdom (pardon the pun) life work balance is more important than the bank balance

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, goncall said:

i was taking home 600 a week early 90's doing marine great money then,great money now tbh sick of working away ended up in this game working the clock to make the same,now im older and wiser (cough) i use norms wisdom (pardon the pun) life work balance is more important than the bank balance

I think you/Norm are spot on there.

my youngest (3) loves what I do and is in to the van/tools ladders ect, hoping he still wants to hang out and work with his dad after he leaves school, that would be really cool

2 minutes ago, sjsturner said:

my youngest (3) loves what I do and is in to the van/tools ladders ect, hoping he still wants to hang out and work with his dad after he leaves school, that would be really cool

mine done the same,i done the same when old man brought the van home(before the days of personal company vans) i blame him i became a spark;)

I used to work for a void property security company making £800 a week working away in Northern Ireland. Jacked it in after my daughter turned 2 as there was to much threats etc entering different areas and the things I saw were brutal. 

Its funny how your life changes when you have a family.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, goncall said:

mine done the same,i done the same when old man brought the van home(before the days of personal company vans) i blame him i became a spark;)

Lol, it's cool though.

2 minutes ago, Willie Marr said:

I used to work for a void property security company making £800 a week working away in Northern Ireland. Jacked it in after my daughter turned 2 as there was to much threats etc entering different areas and the things I saw were brutal. 

Its funny how your life changes when you have a family.

More to live for, different perspective I guess

• 1 year later...