Security Installer Community

We're in the WRONG trade guys!

dufjax

4 hours ago, dufjax said:

Looks like we picked the wrong trade. Electricians earn £156,000 a year....... Well according to the Daily Fail Mail... So it must be fact!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4874400/Electricians-earning-156-000-year.html

I saw an alarm engineer vacancy at £80k a while back, but I would guess a pound of flesh would be the requirement for the wage.

theres money to be made if you take the risk,old man worked in war zones in the mid to late 70's as a spark was coming out with £300 a week which was about the same as this 150k thing, think the average take home pay in the uk was around £50 a week back then

Just now, sjsturner said:

Bet he cleared the mortage quick with that!

is it still lucrative on the rigs?

its all relative as you move up the housing ladder i guess,he worked the rigs later on but not the same money i dont think the rigs pay v risk is great these days

Proper grafter then, fair play.

the money should be good when your working away. Was talking to a woman I know today who said her bloke is going from working in Germany to Kuwait for a year because the money is so good, she said it's great because the mortgage will be paid off soon, thing is though he sees his two kids a few weeks a year and don't do f all with them, been working away about 5 years now. I feel sorry for him if he thinks that's living.