Security Installer Community

Orisec

Hillbilly

Connie visited here last week to demo their radio gear.  It looks and seems to work really well

I love the idea of a single radio expander that will do the capacity of the panel, regardless of 25 or 100 zones and the use of powered range boosters

The micro radio contacts are the smallest I've seen yet and the shocks are well built, but do use PCB antenna's
Their external sounders are great anyway, We have had such good feedback on the look of them and the wireless is just as good with local 12v power option

Even better that you can field flash any of their kit directly from the control panel, although this is by their data bus "I've not done tried this"

Gone are the days of binning the expanders because of extinct firmware, Even better telling the customer their less than 12 month system is obsolete.

Ordered kit today. With their bells you don't have to order a minimum amount of bell lids as they are done on order. 

All panels, pir's etc will have company name on them and 1-2 days lead time. 

Really helpfull on the phone. Asked if the panel I ordered will use wireless in the future and will update firmware before shipment to add their wireless expander etc. 

Will have a play. Used Risco for 15 years so hopefully see an up to date equipment etc. 

Edited by Willie Marr

We started off with the sounders which are really great and had been waiting after testing first panel for radio kit which is now released, so waiting for first order to arrive so I can install at home, A1 service, pity spent so much time on radio as they don't currently have an APP, so if you Need it, have to install CSL or WeyWay

• 8 months later...
On 04/09/2017 at 10:26, Hillbilly said:

Just a question to see if anyone is using Orisec for their controls etc and do you rate their equipment?

Anyone using their new wireless range and would you rate it better than Risco equipment?

I was involved in the beta testing of the 25 and 50 zone panels, radio devices, including sensors, bells, zone expanders, upload/download software and then the andriod app, I've been using them for all my new and change overs, for nearly a year now, I've had no issues so far, Technical support very good.

• 1 year later...
On 04/09/2017 at 10:26, Hillbilly said:

Just a question to see if anyone is using Orisec for their controls etc and do you rate their equipment?

Anyone using their new wireless range and would you rate it better than Risco equipment?

hi i used Risco aswell, but use Orisec W-CP40 wireless system now, i really good, Installed 6 so far and Customers are very happy with it. Risco is good, but i think Orisec will take over the UK market very soon. Customer Service ^ Technical Service are Very good.

We installed a small amount with a view to monitoring their performance. The panels are a total piece of piss to program, the wireless is idiot proof. However there appears to be gripes within the panel firmware/software. It’s a real shame considering, customers loved it for the ease of use, I liked the total simplicity of it, but being called back to 12 out of 15 systems isn’t good at all. 

To to be fair, Orisec have jumped all over the issues and offered replacements and free kit as compensation, but it’s not about the free kit.. we just want Fit and forget, until service due that is.

I have explained this to them and made my position clear, I’ve made the decision to pull the panels, we will continue fully with detectors and sounders

3 hours ago, PSE said:

We installed a small amount with a view to monitoring their performance. The panels are a total piece of piss to program, the wireless is idiot proof. However there appears to be gripes within the panel firmware/software. It’s a real shame considering, customers loved it for the ease of use, I liked the total simplicity of it, but being called back to 12 out of 15 systems isn’t good at all. 

To to be fair, Orisec have jumped all over the issues and offered replacements and free kit as compensation, but it’s not about the free kit.. we just want Fit and forget, until service due that is.

I have explained this to them and made my position clear, I’ve made the decision to pull the panels, we will continue fully with detectors and sounders

What sort of issues on software.and firmware?

Bells appear to be unstable and disappear offline when wired on network mode.

Smartphone app is hit and miss, reporting unknown panel when connecting.

Wireless panel CP40, losing volume level

All issues occur after about a month or so, there are a few other small niggles that I’ve got noted, nothing major but still pain in the ****.

like I said, I like the company, like the products, as do the customers. I’ve visited the factory and had a full tour, they’re a great bunch up there BUT Something isn’t right. The issues were getting are causing headache and financial loss. 

2 hours ago, Amps said:

I suspect Orisec will be looking to sell-up as soon as they get a decent share of the market. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the sold to Texecom :rolleyes:

Aaahhhh , makes sense if they already sub there firmware work out to texe 

• 1 year later...

We moved from installing Honeywell Galaxy panels to Orisec alarm systems six months ago. We are very satisfied with this alarm system very easy to use and install, customers love the touch screen keypad. at first the programming menu is not very easy to follow by the installing engineers however they have an excellent and very helpful technical department.

So far 10/10

What's the security like on Orisec as far as Ethernet, app and alarm reporting goes ?  Looking through the manuals, the word 'encryption' is never mentioned. Anyone have any info ?