Orisec

Hillbilly

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We installed a small amount with a view to monitoring their performance. The panels are a total piece of piss to program, the wireless is idiot proof. However there appears to be gripes within the panel firmware/software. It’s a real shame considering, customers loved it for the ease of use, I liked the total simplicity of it, but being called back to 12 out of 15 systems isn’t good at all. 

To to be fair, Orisec have jumped all over the issues and offered replacements and free kit as compensation, but it’s not about the free kit.. we just want Fit and forget, until service due that is.

I have explained this to them and made my position clear, I’ve made the decision to pull the panels, we will continue fully with detectors and sounders

3 hours ago, PSE said:

We installed a small amount with a view to monitoring their performance. The panels are a total piece of piss to program, the wireless is idiot proof. However there appears to be gripes within the panel firmware/software. It’s a real shame considering, customers loved it for the ease of use, I liked the total simplicity of it, but being called back to 12 out of 15 systems isn’t good at all. 

To to be fair, Orisec have jumped all over the issues and offered replacements and free kit as compensation, but it’s not about the free kit.. we just want Fit and forget, until service due that is.

I have explained this to them and made my position clear, I’ve made the decision to pull the panels, we will continue fully with detectors and sounders

What sort of issues on software.and firmware?

Bells appear to be unstable and disappear offline when wired on network mode.

Smartphone app is hit and miss, reporting unknown panel when connecting.

Wireless panel CP40, losing volume level

All issues occur after about a month or so, there are a few other small niggles that I’ve got noted, nothing major but still pain in the ****.

like I said, I like the company, like the products, as do the customers. I’ve visited the factory and had a full tour, they’re a great bunch up there BUT Something isn’t right. The issues were getting are causing headache and financial loss. 

2 hours ago, Amps said:

I suspect Orisec will be looking to sell-up as soon as they get a decent share of the market. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the sold to Texecom :rolleyes:

Aaahhhh , makes sense if they already sub there firmware work out to texe