Security Installer Community

Texecom V4.00 Issues

PSE

9 minutes ago, AdrianMealing said:

So did the keypads perform correctly on the site at the correct speed without issues?

Are you taking them out purely because of the contrast issues? Your own issue, or the customers as well? I am genuinely interested as this is not the experience we have had to date.

TBH I don't have an issue with the contrast on mine, phone recording or not, they are just a bit darker but easily legible. In my opinion more legible than the green screens.

The speed of performance on site was still very slow, Considering they were directly connected. Sometimes 2-3 seconds waiting for the next menu
The customer commented on it almost instantly whilst we did the handover demonstration, It was the contrast issues that was questioned that made it hard to read.

If the keypad is at direct head height its perfect and I probably wouldn't have an issue with it, But installing at the standard height is way off being clear to read at all
On the bench or walking around the property with it facing you is ok, perfectly readable as you are directly over it. But install it at the standard height and its a different matter.

Edited by PSE

13 minutes ago, PSE said:

The speed of performance on site was still very slow, Considering they were directly connected. Sometimes 2-3 seconds waiting for the next menu.

There is something not right, you saw my video, this is how mine works, and works even with more than one connected to the system. I don't know what's wrong with yours but something is. Can we get someone to site with you with some more gear? Or is the customer adamant for change because of the contrast even if the speed issue was resolved?

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

52 minutes ago, AdrianMealing said:

There is something not right, you saw my video, this is how mine works, and works even with more than one connected to the system. I don't know what's wrong with yours but something is. Can we get someone to site with you with some more gear? Or is the customer adamant for change because of the contrast even if the speed issue was resolved?

To be perfectly honest with you, as I've said above.. The customer has questioned it almost straight away on being quite hard to read based on what is deemed a standard keypad height
Crouching down to the level of the keypad, its perfectly readable and clear, but this isn't right and could only be rectified with contract adjustment, but its not an option available on the keypad.

One of the keypads is better than the other, The worst being in the garage below which is direct to the expander with no hops at a maximum distance of 7 metres distance between.
Its this one that is really an issue more so than the entrance hallway one.

The decision to remove was mine alone, I go by the strict rule that if I wouldn't have it, my customers are not having it. I personally would be unhappy with the performance of it mate in my house.
I just cant leave the customer with something that in my view isn't right, I just don't operate like that.

Edited by PSE

Ive managed to get hold of this, Its a little jerky but you will get the idea on sluggish,

This is the faster of the two keypads, It does get even slower when coming out of standby and sometimes have to press twice

You'll notice that I have to enter the code twice to get access, once just didn't touch it.

Not sure where the keypad errors are from, That's also worrying considering there is 5 on each keypad

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ooj0kgj84wgvx9b/2017-09-04 18.52.51.mov?dl=0

1 hour ago, MrHappy said:

yeah, the hand was as brown as the table

+40 deg for two weeks does that, or not washing, one or the other!:D

49 minutes ago, PSE said:

The decision to remove was mine alone, I go by the strict rule that if I wouldn't have it, my customers are not having it. I personally would be unhappy with the performance of it mate in my house.

I just cant leave the customer with something that in my view isn't right, I just don't operate like that.

Understood, and i know you dont, just trying to get to the nub of the issues.

The speed does not seem that much different to mine in your vid? BUT yes errors, just checked mine, got exactly the same, it may be to do with the learning process but will check.

Also understand about the contrast, i am wodering if we could offer a contrast option rather than a brightness option. Brightness on wired keypads is what will kill wireless ones, but contrast actually is different. I'm not even sure if the LCD module is capable of anything other than brightness. Let me check.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

2 hours ago, AdrianMealing said:

I don't know what's wrong with yours but something is.

Adrian, Out of curiosity I've just done another test at home with new kit.

I've just opened another wireless keypad, Learnt it to my 32XP with 3.1.8 firmware and took 5 seconds to pair and setup.

Its currently connected to the Premier Elite 48 on my house, I'm sitting in my office in a separate building about 20 metres away from the house panel/expander
Testing this keypad now, there is not a single problem with speed, Its literally flying around fast as fook and better than you would expect

This is a totally different video where the sheer speed difference is totally noticeable

My Movie.mp4

1 minute ago, PSE said:

Adrian, Out of curiosity I've just done another test at home with new kit.

I've just opened another wireless keypad, Learnt it to my 32XP with 3.1.8 firmware and took 5 seconds to pair and setup.

Its currently connected to the Premier Elite 48 on my house, I'm sitting in my office in a separate building about 20 metres away from the house panel/expander
Testing this keypad now, there is not a single problem with speed, Its literally flying around fast as fook and better than you would expect

This is a totally different video where the sheer speed difference is totally noticeable

My Movie.mp4

Yep just like mine, like I said there is something wrong with that kit, I don't know what it is but I need it back to check it out.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom