Security Installer Community

Texecom V4.00 Issues

PSE

Is anyone else having issues with version 4.00 and wireless keypads

Earlier today I've been configuring a KIT002 with 2x wireless keypads, Its not going to plan.

It appears that the radio keypads are as clunky as hell on the Ricochet communication side of things

Its all setup on the bench as usual, All devices configured with plenty of waiting time
Ricochet manager shows all the detection devices and statistics but both keypads are showing (Question Marks)

I've deleted them a dozen or more times, but this makes no difference at all.

I'm getting extremely slow communication from the panel, Garbled messages on the keypads and different displays on both
Whilst expecting the typical "Preparing to Arm message, This is not happening all the time, Its really strange.

Upon entering the default 5678 customer code, I'm getting "RADIO NOT READY PLEASE WAIT B/F ARM"  
 At this point I am locked onto that screen and I have to wait for 3-4 minutes before it seems to arm itself
I'm convinced this is either a V4 firmware issue or its something to do with the wireless keypads.

Not looking good for me, were due to install this first thing Monday, Its got headache and bad news written all over it

Would be interested to see if anyone else had this,

All I've got connected is 1x Contact / 4x PW-W Detectors / 2x DT-W Dual Techs & 2x Wireless Keypads

Really cant see it being a range issue, Its all setup in my office now, Everything is within a 4 metre radius of the panel

This is the first time ever that I've seen the "Please wait b/f arming" in all the time installing Ricochet kit..

Yes, It does seem to be just the keypads/communication/display info
Plugging my wired engineers keypad onto it, its not giving me the mixed messages on the screen

I'm going to remove one of the wireless keypads tomorrow morning and see how it runs with just the one.

9 hours ago, PSE said:

All I've got connected is 1x Contact / 4x PW-W Detectors / 2x DT-W Dual Techs & 2x Wireless Keypads

Really cant see it being a range issue, Its all setup in my office now, Everything is within a 4 metre radius of the panel

This is the first time ever that I've seen the "Please wait b/f arming" in all the time installing Ricochet kit..

On Ricochet Monitor, are the keypads showing as direct connection or hopping I know its a short distance but if you have all the devices on a bench close to each other this can cause issues. The wait before arming is to do with the DT's being woken up, I suspect again issues with devices being too close together, AND maybe you have not allowed a proper mesh to establish before trying to arm. This again can cause issues.

Try separating all the devices by a greater distance, putting the expander in tamper and allowing the mesh to rebuild. Wait at least 15 minutes.

Just so you know, wireless keypads are as responsive as wired ones when they are directly communicating with the expander. When they are hopping through another device this will slow down the communication and they basically act as an arming station only.

Let us know how it goes.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

All devices are direct, nothing is hopping.

I always leave in Ricochet commission for 25-30 minutes. The devices are scattered around now but still the same. In Ricochet monitor both keypads  are direct but showing as question marks with no information, They just show as zone 39 & 40. I'm using the latest 6.2.5.2 winter and Ricochet Monitor. There is a definite mismatch on the screens display giving conflicting information. My wired plug on keypad is perfect 

I know I am asking the obvious, but I assume you defaulted the panel when powered up? and what do you mean by mismatch of information? i assume you have wired and wireless keypads next to each other and are watching the display?

Wireless keypads addressed correctly?

Disconnect the wired keypad and delete one wireless keypad, confrim devices, how does the remaining wireless keypad react, is it like a wired keypad or slow to respond?

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

I installed a kit recently without problems at set up other than not having the latest version of monitor so the keypads showed up as isolated but worked fine. Thought the reading of fobs a bit slow on set/unset though

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

5 hours ago, AdrianMealing said:

I know I am asking the obvious, but I assume you defaulted the panel when powered up? and what do you mean by mismatch of information? i assume you have wired and wireless keypads next to each other and are watching the display?

Wireless keypads addressed correctly?

Disconnect the wired keypad and delete one wireless keypad, confrim devices, how does the remaining wireless keypad react, is it like a wired keypad or slow to respond?

I always default the panels mate, Keypads addressed as 1 & 2

Both keypads are at least 10 seconds difference on what each of the displays show.

PSE, I had the arming issue before with DT, I've found that if I go into zone setup and use the "(double reset) on each wireless zone all the way through to make sure there's no data at all on the exp before we attempt to learn anything in has always worked for me.

i had a big site that I inherited from a colleague that would just sit there waiting to arm, it boiled down to the fact that devices had not been learnt on correctly and then the receivers were not being cleared before starting again. ( I believe he was powering devices up but pressing the tamper switch as they were pairing with the exp??)

After defaulting everything and staring a fresh it was fine.

In relation to your keypad issue, I too have a new kit set up myself but with only 1 wireless rkp and it's been running fine for 3 weeks, it is very responsive (to my surprise) as I didn't have high hopes for a battery keypad but it works great.

Be interesting to see if you have any network errors logged on the system?

best of luck

Stuart 

I really hate doing this, especially with a product that Ive used for many years and personally have such a high opinion of the product. But I've had enough to be honest, the wireless keypads are slow as hell, the LCD screen contrast is a joke. There is no contract setting on the wireless pads, unless you install at head height it's unreadable. The blue backlight really overpowers the text. I've just spoke to technical who said that's how they are, nothing can be done about it, only the wired have contrast adjustment.  So much for these being identical to the wired version, they are miles apart.  These need contract adjustment

Simple really, if I'm not happy to have it in my house, it damn sure won't get fitted in a customers. I've arranged with the customer to go back and replace the system with an alternative.  This kit will end up being returned.  Anyone with a requirement for them should see one working, both of these are less than 8 metres away and are just slow and useless. 

33 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

If it makes you feel better hkc are testing a new mesh system , existing rf is very good , so this will be interesting

I bought a HKC panel & keypad the other week to have a play and see what the fuss is all about.

My god the new keypad is bad in every way :o and the programing.. well it's easy ish but bob basic.

I was expecting more as loads on here love it, but to me it's all a bit old for me, the only part i like is joe public can't buy it.

2 hours ago, PSE said:

I really hate doing this, especially with a product that Ive used for many years and personally have such a high opinion of the product. But I've had enough to be honest, the wireless keypads are slow as hell, the LCD screen contrast is a joke. There is no contract setting on the wireless pads, unless you install at head height it's unreadable. The blue backlight really overpowers the text. I've just spoke to technical who said that's how they are, nothing can be done about it, only the wired have contrast adjustment.  So much for these being identical to the wired version, they are miles apart.  These need contract adjustment

Simple really, if I'm not happy to have it in my house, it damn sure won't get fitted in a customers. I've arranged with the customer to go back and replace the system with an alternative.  This kit will end up being returned.  Anyone with a requirement for them should see one working, both of these are less than 8 metres away and are just slow and useless. 

I feel your pain, be interested in why they are so slow though?

i haven't installed one for a customer yet, I'm just testing one and it is as quick as a wired one for sure. you have a valid point on the contrast though as it does seem a bit dark.

2 hours ago, PSE said:

Don't understand it, I have one here right in front of me, works a treat exactly same speed and response as a wired one. Back light i accept the comment, although i don't see the issue personally.

IMG_1460[2].MOV

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom