Security Installer Community

Veritas 8c Zone 4 issue

Alicantine

Hello

I have an issue I was hoping someone here could help me with. 

I have recently moved into a property with a Veritas 8c alarm fitted. My previous house had the exact same system so I was confident I'd know what to do with it. I changed the code and tried to set it on "full" like before, but zone 4 would lit and 4 successive bleeps are heard. My landlord isn't entirely sure which zone is which... Through a quick search in this forum it seemed to indicate that the patio doors are open. However I've checked them and they are definitely closed. 

What else can I do to solve the problem?

(Another thing which might or might not be relevant is that the previous tenants never used the alarm and I believe the house is at least 10 years old so I don't know if there's something there...). 

Thanks a lot in advance for your help. 

Sincerely,

Al

Ok I see. Where is the most likely place for these contacts to be located, on those doors? What am I looking for? (So sorry I forgot to mention I am a total newbie and I know nothing about security installs).

Thanks a lot for this swift reply, I am really impressed 

2 hours ago, Alicantine said:

Through a quick search in this forum it seemed to indicate that the patio doors are open.

How do you mean - have you opened it up, and/or eliminated it by testing all the other zones you could find?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Very good point. I didn't do all that at all. I closed all doors and all windows. Even after that zone 4 was coming up. 

But someone in the forum, while answering someone else using a Veritas, wrote "zone 4: patio doors". Admittedly I do not know if they gave this as an example or if this is the default recommendation for Veritas... All I know is that the previous people didn't use it so I can hope everything is set as default (for example the code was the default code).

But considering I ran a test with everything closed, I still do not know which house room to look out for....

3 hours ago, Alicantine said:

Ok I see. Where is the most likely place for these contacts to be located, on those doors? What am I looking for? (So sorry I forgot to mention I am a total newbie and I know nothing about security installs).

Thanks a lot for this swift reply, I am really impressed 

You assumed zone 4 is patio doors by searching online

A zone could be any device in any zone 

Ascertain how many sensors you have trigger them one at a time on walk test and tick off each one , you may find magnetic sensors on doors in the frames or on the surface , to try and narrow down what and where your looking for it 

1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

You assumed zone 4 is patio doors by searching online

A zone could be any device in any zone 

Ascertain how many sensors you have trigger them one at a time on walk test and tick off each one , you may find magnetic sensors on doors in the frames or on the surface , to try and narrow down what and where your looking for it 

Ok yes that makes sense. Ok I shall try the walk tests.

30 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

I would assume you have movement sensors?

Yes. One in each room. The red light of the movement sensor in the room where the patio door is does seem fainter and somehow not like the others exactly but it is not off. 

I think I should try the different rooms and do the walk tests, also check the contacts on doors etc and then I'll report. 

Thanks a lot for giving me troubleshooting guidance. Really appreciated. 

Al

This was working before you changed your code, then stopped working after you changed your code?

I would get an engineer out based on the assumptions already made, as I don't feel you should be tinkering?

Edited by secureiam
  • Like 1