Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite 24

Oli_me

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site so hope I'm posting in the right place!?

I have a Texecom premier elite 24 alarm installed by a friend, who works for a security company, but is unreliable and isn't getting back to me with the questions I need answering.

long story short is the alarm texts me for events, I really want it to call me instead, what comms module or speech dialler do I need?

Hope this makes sense and I look forward to your help.

Oliver.

Proper paid for monitoring, as if your line gets cut you won't get notified.

However, TAP Text notification really is the worst of the worst as even if the line is intact the message failure rate is terrible.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

1 hour ago, Oli_me said:

What are the best best methods? I think he put a com2400 in the panel, guess this only does text?

Any cheap old dialler in combination with the com24 will work, keep the sms 

+12 to +12

Ov to 0v

Trig to  -bell trigger

In most diallers

Texting gives you so much more information though.  If possible change the sms sound for that contact to make sure it gets your attention.

Does the speech module still work with the new elites? I'm sure I read somewhere it was being phased out.

Edited by installer_dale

I'm sure he fitted a PSD-001, and connected the phone line to the com2400 in the main panel, yet all it does is text me, and even that isn't brilliantly reliable

I want a phone call, and then an SMS unit separate in case phone line is cut, 

tap is awful please don't use it for anything other than newspaper delivery. A kid with a bike will probably tell you have had an activation before tap does. But its a free system so you get what you pay for

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Thank you for all of your replys, I'm still a little confused, what does the keypad have to do with things? They are listed as speech + text dialler!? 

All I really want it to do is physically call me like my old Visonic did pretty well to be fair, 

As u already have the com2400 then u can add the speech module to it (goes inside the panel) which allows it to ring you instead of only texting.

The speech dialler and speech and text dialler is a standalone product that looks like a keypad which can ring and text you when it receives an input from any make of alarm. Old product tried and tested but nothing special.

If you want a second backup communicator (which rules out speech dialler as it's connected to the same phone line as the com2400 as well as ip) then get the speech module for phone calls and also a Comgsm that will give you two way texting over gsm with a pay as you go simcard. 

Edited by installer_dale
  • Like 1

On 27/08/2017 at 18:59, installer_dale said:

As u already have the com2400 then u can add the speech module to it (goes inside the panel) which allows it to ring you instead of only texting.

The speech dialler and speech and text dialler is a standalone product that looks like a keypad which can ring and text you when it receives an input from any make of alarm. Old product tried and tested but nothing special.

If you want a second backup communicator (which rules out speech dialler as it's connected to the same phone line as the com2400 as well as ip) then get the speech module for phone calls and also a Comgsm that will give you two way texting over gsm with a pay as you go simcard. 

Wish I read this before I bought the texecom speech dialler!

I'm hoping I can return it and get this instead.

What's not immediatly obvious to me is how many people I can call with the speech module and com2400?

I think each person I want to call would be setup as an ARC, but i'm not sure how many people I would be able to setup? Ideally i'd like to be able to call at least 4 different numbers. I have no interest in using the SMS feature of the com2400.

On the com2400 installation manual it says up to 6 telephone numbers, does that mean I can call upto 6 people with the speech module?

Edited by Cluel3ss
Additional info from com2400 installation manual

Speech Module 2 is only compatible with the later Elite "Hardware" and COM2400 combination.

If you don't have this you will not be able to acknowledge calls as there is no DTMF chip on the main board.

Only two telephone numbers are available per ARC setup, to have six numbers you would have to assign all ARC's to the same device.

I have never tried this configuration with the Speech module but you will end up with three primary numbers and three secondary which isn't ideal.

A speech dialler in contrast would have 8 numbers that can have repeat options set individually and in order.

On 27/08/2017 at 18:59, installer_dale said:

So the speech dialler, and speech and text dialler (keypad) is required regardless? And with just it and the com2400 it won't call me? I still need to add a speech/voice module (CGE-0001)? 

8 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Speech Module 2 is only compatible with the later Elite "Hardware" and COM2400 combination.

If you don't have this you will not be able to acknowledge calls as there is no DTMF chip on the main board.

Only two telephone numbers are available per ARC setup, to have six numbers you would have to assign all ARC's to the same device.

I have never tried this configuration with the Speech module but you will end up with three primary numbers and three secondary which isn't ideal.

A speech dialler in contrast would have 8 numbers that can have repeat options set individually and in order.

My panel is recently bought and came with v4.0 firmware pre-installed.

Ahh maybe I won't hastily return the speech dialler, I wonder if anyone has tried it like that?

7 hours ago, Oli_me said:

So the speech dialler, and speech and text dialler (keypad) is required regardless? And with just it and the com2400 it won't call me? I still need to add a speech/voice module (CGE-0001)? 

No.

If you have a speech dialler or speech and text dialler, you don't need a speech module. The speech module is a cheaper alternative if you already have the com2400, but it seems to have limitations compared to the diallers.