Security Installer Community

Panel Schematic?

Gabs

Actually I think you'll find the customer requested 'Moonlight Shadow'.

A customer once painted one of my ext. speakers some sort of 'Sunset over Torremolenos' fake tan shade and was very proud when I went back at service...

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

13 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

Its was very basic & rather cheap, its along time ago but IIRC most where metal boxed & quite bit dearer

lol

Yeah, the metal ones seemed to offer much greater security than the plastic ones. Although the plastic ones look nicer, well, as nice as a black and white plastic box can look. 

14 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

seen a 9825 painted silver (ewe)

Think white is the best colour for a panel :) 

53 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Actually I think you'll find the customer requested 'Moonlight Shadow'.

A customer once painted one of my ext. speakers some sort of 'Sunset over Torremolenos' fake tan shade and was very proud when I went back at service...

Smoker?

53 minutes ago, Gabs said:

Yeah, would weigh much less. Have you ever tried making your own alarm panel? 

made something a school project with a 24way jb box as the case,

& was accused of  buying it rather than making it

Mr? Veritas God

I made disco lights, yes using a kit (those lethal, direct off the mains ones Maplins used to sell, PartyLite?) but still got full marks as it was only GCSE level

and I made my own switch panels, MDF cases, etc... which was more what they were after anyway i.e. woodworking and metalwork skillz.

And that's why they call me Disco Stu.

(Nobody calls me Disco Stu.)

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

For my O level I made a weightlifting type bench, spring loaded leg contraption, it was blooming ace and in those days I was allowed into the DT room alone during lunch and after school to weld etc.

Edited by norman
forgot it was public
  • Like 1

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Same here was always matey with the CDT teachers (and also thankfully not in a pre-edit Norm way) and allowed in 'as long as you leave it tidy' whenever he or the technician was in.

The tech was one of those educated but dropout herbal cigarette smoking types who really didn't give a toss what I got up to with mains electricity!

Edited by datadiffusion
Norm made me do it by being all sensible and that
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MrHappy said:

Those were the days.....

26 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Same here was always matey with the CDT teachers (and also thankfully not in a bummy way) and allowed in 'as long as you leave it tidy' whenever he or the technician was in.

The tech was one of those educated but dropout pot smoking types who really didn't give a toss what I got up to with mains electricity!

Cdt now haven't heard that in a while old man

2 hours ago, MrHappy said:

That's bad that you were accused of buying it, but it also says it was better than anything the teacher was expecting. 

2 hours ago, norman said:

I made a continuity tester thing, made it in a circular casing all vacuum formed.

With old parts, if I make my own panel, I'll have a go at vacuum forming a casing for it, would be rather rewarding to do, making the panel from scratch. 

Merry Xmas

5 zone alarm panel with circuit and everything - https://www.quasarelectronics.co.uk/kit-files/smart-kit/1094.pdf

Download and save before they remove it (it's been discontinued, a bit like my boat...)

Replacement (but seems to use custom IC) - https://www.quasarelectronics.co.uk/Item/smart-kit-1140-five-zone-alarm-system (and is also EOL!)

Edited by datadiffusion

16 hours ago, norman said:

@Gabs I'll have a look in my garage tomorrow, I'm sure I have some bits and pieces that you could make use of. When I've checked I'll pm you. You can have them foc of course. 

What bits and pieces do you have? Old components, panels? Or just a mixture of things? Just curious, before I go off to Maplin and buy some Transistors for a Circuit on Ron's site

17 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Merry Xmas

5 zone alarm panel with circuit and everything - https://www.quasarelectronics.co.uk/kit-files/smart-kit/1094.pdf

Download and save before they remove it (it's been discontinued, a bit like my boat...)

Replacement (but seems to use custom IC) - https://www.quasarelectronics.co.uk/Item/smart-kit-1140-five-zone-alarm-system (and is also EOL!)

Thanks, I'll have a look at that, schematic looks pretty big though, more complex than the Logic 4

15 minutes ago, Gabs said:

What bits and pieces do you have? Old components, panels? Or just a mixture of things? Just curious, before I go off to Maplin and buy some Transistors for a Circuit on Ron's site

Not sure, nothing old and ancient. A few components maybe. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.