Security Installer Community

Panel Schematic?

Gabs

Does anyone have, or know where I can get a schematic for any alarm panel, (Preferably ADE), reason for me asking, I am very interested in engineering and how these panels were designed.I was thinking about making my own panel, using an ATMEL microprocessor, and a custom made PCB. I was mainly interested in seeing how the zones and inputs are connected to the main microprocessor of the control panel (Picture shows what I am assuming to be the PIC microcontroller of an Accenta G3) I'm also interested din the software that the alarm panels run as well, so if anyone knows a little about how they are programmed and what language is used, I'd really appreciate it :) 

Thanks In Advance :) 

IMG_6254.JPG

While old schematics maybe interesting it's unlikely you will find any available, they are normally kept in house.

Very few engineers would repair down to component level and manufacturers would prefer to keep there designs to themselves.

Unless you specifically want to work with ATMEL or PIC's, you could make something with basic components or use a relatively low cost SBC to interface with sensors on GPIO.

For various reasons I bought a 6 zone alarm PCB 'kit' for my narrowboat (mainly related to wanting a low current panel with multiple latching zones that ran off 12V without looking for a 50hz signal to run a clock).

I am pretty sure it came with a comprehensive description and everything, like these kind of kits do.

Googling should find it.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Thanks for the replies, I just thought using a micro-controller may have been easier than using more passive components, such as individual logic ICs. 

5 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

For various reasons I bought a 6 zone alarm PCB 'kit' for my narrowboat (mainly related to wanting a low current panel with multiple latching zones that ran off 12V without looking for a 50hz signal to run a clock).

I am pretty sure it came with a comprehensive description and everything, like these kind of kits do.

Googling should find it.

What sort of kit was it? I'd be interested to know, and maybe try to build one. The description part also sounds helpful 

42 minutes ago, Gabs said:

Thanks for the replies, I just thought using a micro-controller may have been easier than using more passive components, such as individual logic ICs.

It's all relative on what your trying to make and for what application.

I have made alarm circuits on stripboard before, they where designed specifically for minimal standby current.

In essence it's basic logic, you have inputs and outputs, the more you want to do with it, the more processing you need.

7 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

Googling should find it.

What reasons?

Presumably still uses custom IC's though?

Pretty sure even the CPA2 panel had a custom IC in it (possibly just for speaker sounds / tones though).

As for my 6 zone electronics kit (actually might have been 5), google is your friend (I forget the make), though you'll have to wade through all the basic 1 zone ones :(

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands