Security Installer Community

john.lightbody

22 minutes ago, norman said:

Do you service your car?

no, no point it worked fine for years till it broke, I did put new batteries in the remote tho

but I doubt anything is trouble free at that age, security systems are expected to work for ever with no tlc. What else has the same?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

1 hour ago, MrHappy said:

look gardtec ish ?

Looks more like the one-zone keyswitch panels I sometimes see (badged as Tunstall, presumably monitored via the existing carelink) & I imagine sold as £800 'extras' on 1990s retirement flats.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

On 20/08/2017 at 15:44, FASTCAR said:

I think its a stripped back version of the C+K Active 5 , sold through Wickes in the 1990's.

I assume "challenger" to be CEF ?

They've had rebranded C&K securitech in the past, I can't recall ever seeing the plastics before ?

Edited by sixwheeledbeast

Mr? Veritas God

Yes if you google Challenger 5, like a sad c**t would, you come back to here but ten years ago where Wickes is mentioned...

Plastics are deffo the same as the oddity Tunstall keyswitch panel I keep seeing on my rounds. It doesn't have a single indicator on it,

just a keyswitch and might have the word 'ambassador'. Never seen in anything older than mid 1990s, usually right next to this type

of more modern residential care panel;

0103021.jpg

As before I assume it's an overpriced 'intruder' granny robbing add-on to carelink

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

24 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Yes if you google Challenger 5, like a sad c**t would, you come back to here but ten years ago where Wickes is mentioned...

Plastics are deffo the same as the oddity Tunstall keyswitch panel I keep seeing on my rounds. It doesn't have a single indicator on it,

just a keyswitch and might have the word 'ambassador'. Never seen in anything older than mid 1990s, usually right next to this type

of more modern residential care panel;

0103021.jpg

As before I assume it's an overpriced 'intruder' granny robbing add-on to carelink

Plastic alarm monkey 

On 19/08/2017 at 20:50, norman said:

Do you service your car?

Both of them and my motorbike, how is that relevant though?! Oh wait a minute, was that an attempt at sarcasm..... What's to service on an alarm system, considering been working every night without fail for 20 years until power cut other week there.... 

1 hour ago, john.lightbody said:

Both of them and my motorbike, how is that relevant though?! Oh wait a minute, was that an attempt at sarcasm..... What's to service on an alarm system, considering been working every night without fail for 20 years until power cut other week there.... 

Why bother servicing your car? 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

2 hours ago, john.lightbody said:

Oh dear "Jock McTightSporran" is asking a forum which mainly populated alarm monkeys why their employed.

What goes wrong with your simple house alarm?

Well there will be at least 2 battery's which don't last forever, reed contacts which will eventually fail (open or closed) or cause false alarm.... same for the relays within powered sensors

Checking a bells only system annually as per BS/EN ensures they work correctly (think MOT) if you where a paying subscriber you could have your system in working  order rather spending your spare time hunting down a manual for the old tat of an alarm on your wall.

However you pays your money & make your choice,

Power down the "skip fodder" of an alarm system & restart it on mains power only, with all tamper & lids close it made take you code

If not buy  something like a veritas 8 & new battery & have a bash at sort it

Or find a local alarm co. (proper ones might only do the work if their maintaining it) & ask for cost of them updating the system

• Upvote 4

Mr? Veritas God