Security Installer Community

Part set Enforcer?

2 hours ago, al-yeti said:

I think what amps is saying your missing something, unassign and go through it again , as he says if b is not highlighted , one of the steps is missing 

Assign all zones and see what happens perhaps 

I wonder have you only tried one zone?

I will definitely try this tomorrow.

All zones were assigned originally, but I still couldn't select to set Zone B when I entered the user code.

I definitely only have the one code as I tried deleting all users and trying again to no avail.

I've definitely done something wrong regarding zones. Do you mean zones as in A, B, C and D or zones as in Sensors?

I presume you mean A, B, C and D in which case, I have been into these and amended the parameters to what I want, but it still would not let me. I had A and B as full and part set respectively, and C and D as unused.

Thanks all for sticking with me through this, it's greatly appreciated!

If you can set areasa A & B with the engineers code it suggests to me that the system is programmed correctly. I'm thinking the issue is with the code you are using. Try setting up another user code for area B only.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Amps said:

If you can set areasa A & B with the engineers code it suggests to me that the system is programmed correctly. I'm thinking the issue is with the code you are using. Try setting up another user code for area B only.

Good idea. Hadn't thought of this. Will try and get back to you.

11 hours ago, Amps said:

I've obviously done something wrong with the inputs or something because I'm only able to assign Zone A to a user. I'll go and have a look...

No idea what the problem is. I've checked inputs are assigned to the Zones in question, I've enabled flexi set, I've done everything that I can possibly think of, plus the advice given on this thread. I've initiated a clean start, still no fix.

I can only assume that there's some kind of fault with the system until Pyronix get back to me.

Thanks for all the advice so far. Will update when I hear back from Pyronix.  Any other suggestions more than welcome in the meantime ;-)

2 minutes ago, Amps said:

Only other thing i can think of and not sure if it will make any difference. Do you have a final exit zone for area B?

Thought b was part set , or is this like the scanny abcd 

1 hour ago, Amps said:

Only other thing i can think of and not sure if it will make any difference. Do you have a final exit zone for area B?

Yes, it has a final exit. I even tried changing this to entry/exit route just to see if it made a difference, but still didn't.

1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

Thought b was part set , or is this like the scanny abcd 

Yes B is part set, although it has no inputs assigned to it at first so it has to be done manually.

Have you enabled flex set for that user?

You have to enable flex set globally and then for each user.

im not sure if it's needed as I always have one set, but you may need a zone setting as FX or ER

You also need zones assigned to area A & B to uses areas A & B !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Simlec said:

Have you enabled flex set for that user?

You have to enable flex set globally and then for each user.

im not sure if it's needed as I always have one set, but you may need a zone setting as FX or ER

You also need zones assigned to area A & B to uses areas A & B !

This was the problem!

I thought 'Flexi Set' was a global option only, and whatever you set it as using the Engineer Code would be a global thing, but apparently not.

Thanks for this, and thanks to everyone else on the thread for taking the time to help me with this issue, your experience and expertise has been greatly appreciated.

On 17/08/2017 at 12:27, fatman said:

I have flexi set enabled for the user.

You mean in System Options flexi set was turned off?

Im sure the default is flexi set on. Did you turn it off?

Glad you got it sorted.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Amps said:

You mean in System Options flexi set was turned off?

Im sure the default is flexi set on. Did you turn it off?

Glad you got it sorted.

I think the main problem is that I was inputting the master manager code instead of the user code (which wasn't set), but once I added a user, set user parameters for zones A and B, it worked.

But don't tell anyone that I was that stupid ;-)