Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite FSL wiring

Cluel3ss

So i'm going to be doing FSL wiring, which I think is straightforward enough for the PIRs and magnetic contacts (they all come with built in resistors).

But i'm not sure how I would implement it for the Texecom RKPs and Texecom telephone speech dialler?

These don't appear to have any built in resisistors.

1 hour ago, Cluel3ss said:

So i'm going to be doing FSL wiring, which I think is straightforward enough for the PIRs and magnetic contacts (they all come with built in resistors).

But i'm not sure how I would implement it for the Texecom RKPs and Texecom telephone speech dialler?

These don't appear to have any built in resisistors.

So basically the rkp, dialler, don't use eol they have there own connections as he pointed out , and swb is saying that because the manual will point this all out to you 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cluel3ss said:

Ok so admittedly I skimmed the manual, now its starting to make a bit more sense!

Sensors go to zones, keypads to the network connections.

Don't worry I still do that , these guys constantly bailing me out dot com 

I fail to see the point of fitting a pointless piece of plastic you have to remove on each service anyway.

Wouldn't bother with the screw caps either, I have seen them rounded off and jammed in before now, although this would be on the Veritas case not the Prem.

Plastic caps and similar covers are just asking for screwdriver rash from numpty engineers and offer minimal aesthetics for there existence IMO.

We took over a company c2001 who had hundreds of Veritas out there, I had a patch with c800 contracts and used to service 2-3 daily. I never had an issue with the screw covers or mains clips, bit of a knack to removing them without trashing them I agree but I prefered the look with them

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

If panel is on show I always fit screw covers. They usually push in easily the right way round and if not a quarter turn to raise/lower them.   Mains cover is in the bag so it may as well be fitted, takes 5 seconds and helps keep things safe. More of a pain to remove though.

Does anyone use the battery clips?  Most systems I take over have tiny 2ah or less batteries, and a bigger battery either falls out when you open the panel or its got a cable tie wrapped round it.

Edited by installer_dale

• 3 weeks later...