Security Installer Community

From Unknown PIR to Dual TEC

Just now, sixwheeledbeast said:

Did I follow this correctly? A grand for that shoddy work?

Movement detectors are designed to detect people walking across them, yes they can pick up other things due to how they work but that's what they are designed to do.

You shouldn't be expecting a PIR or DT to detect this type of incident

There is more to alarms than sticking coloured wires in holes, understanding how detection works and what type you need for the environment is all part of the job.

If you want to detect the window being put in, I suggest using a method capable of this. 

Also to your last point an auto dialler maybe fast but it's certainly not a secure method.

Cheers. I don't think any approach is entirely secure. Not even a night watchman. But this isn't The Bank Of England we are talking about. There is a trade off between cost and risk.  

28 minutes ago, RayPooley said:

Thanks GalaxyGuy. Now that's an answer. I appreciate it.

So you getting the stuff? As nothing else will work 

29 minutes ago, petrolhead said:

Monitored cctv signalling on movement on the internal cams would have done what you want though, the monitoring station would call you to alert you to the incident. If you had external detection and a pa speaker they might have warned them off.

But he won't pay for that, why pay after couple of years he can get familiar with different gear and then chavs your uncle , sorted? 

3 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

All sorted , good to know you found a solution

Yes. This has been very helpful. Cleared up my initial question vis a vis the wiring. But I do need to take a look at the "breaking glass" option as well. I will be testing before implementing the final choice of sensor. Either on a bench or perhaps replace one sensor and test in situ.

cheers