Security Installer Community

Texecom USBCom

Cluel3ss

For my premier elite 24 plastic, I have also purchased a texecom USB-Com cable.

Could I leave it plugged in when the panel is closed? i.e. route the cable from the back.

That way I can easily connect it to my laptop without having to open the panel.

This is in a domestic home, so I think it's unlikely a potential intruder would tamper with it.

Would this be possible, and if it is is it a bad idea?

3 minutes ago, Cluel3ss said:

For my premier elite 24 plastic, I have also purchased a texecom USB-Com cable.

Could I leave it plugged in when the panel is closed? i.e. route the cable from the back.

That way I can easily connect it to my laptop without having to open the panel.

This is in a domestic home, so I think it's unlikely a potential intruder would tamper with it.

Would this be possible, and if it is is it a bad idea?

Would it get damaged if you pulled on it , not sure how the socket it on the board or if you can secure the cable inside the panel aswell

I assume there's no network option for this panel , or is the comwifi or something that goes in panel and then you don't need the lead at all

5 minutes ago, Cluel3ss said:

Good point, I don't know, but yeah i'll need to make sure it doesn't get damaged if pulled on.

There is a network option, just don't really want to fork out another ~£50 Wifi, or ~£100 wired, just for that.

Just do it man you spent all that already and com card is definitely a brainer to setup I hear

Those plug on COM's leads aren't really designed for that, but again there's no reason why it shouldn't.

You have the issue of the leads strain relief fouling the lid on the poly panel and if you pulled the cable you would damage the port and could short out the panel.

Any equipment like this should be contained within the panel for tampering reasons,.

The COM-IP is the ideal solution for this as it's fully within the panel and has a slimmer crossover lead molex with no strain relief to plug on within the panel.

Not sure on when Connect unit is out if you wanted to wait  but in reality you will fit and forget.

TL;DR - Just open the lid and plug on, remove and close lid like it's designed for.