Security Installer Community

Risco agility 3 - remove remote access?

Hi all, 

Bit of a strange request... I have a Risco Agility 3 wireless alarm system installed by a local installer a few years ago, and maintained yearly by same company. 

Due to a few disagreements with the company in question over extra charges and maintenance exclusions, I wish to sever all ties with them. However they currently have remote access for programming etc, which is something I would rather they didn't have afterwards. How do I go about ensuring this please?   I have the master engineer code, if that helps. 

Thanks,

Gerry

Thanks for your reply.

I've paid everything owed, begrudgingly. But they certainly won't be getting any more business from me. 

We regularly use the Risco app to set/unset the alarm and check on alarm triggers. I want us to have access, but not them.  It must be possible?

15 minutes ago, dazedconfused said:

Thanks for your reply.

I've paid everything owed, begrudgingly. But they certainly won't be getting any more business from me. 

We regularly use the Risco app to set/unset the alarm and check on alarm triggers. I want us to have access, but not them.  It must be possible?

I would assume you are correct but I don't know or use the product, there are few pro installers on here that do I'm afraid

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

ok, so have been digging a bit deeper in the programming menu of the alarm, and consulting the engineer's manual leads me to believe this is the setting I need to change: 

Communication Software Enable: Yes/No

Enables communication between the alarm company and the system using the configuration software. This enables modifying an installation's configuration, obtaining status information and issuing main panel commands from a remote location.  

That may or may not nobble your own connection, it's not a system I'm familiar with, but as you've probably guessed unless you have the engineer code, you'll not be able to alter that.

We can't give out advice on defaulting here to non trade, but no doubt you'll find it somewhere else. Just bear in mind that the act of defaulting the system codes may or may not automatically

clear any and all IP comms settings so whilst you may disconnect from your installer, you may lose app access in the same breath.

It does sound as if you need to have a Risco Registered Installer of some kind involved to enable the app, even if it's free.

Edited by datadiffusion
  • Upvote 1

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Once you cancel your contract with your installer they will switch off the account with the Risco cloud. Risco will not deal with you directly unless your installing a few of their systems a week. They will only work with their customers not the end user.

6 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

We can't give out advice on defaulting here to non trade, but no doubt you'll find it somewhere else. Just bear in mind that the act of defaulting the system codes may or may not automatically

clear any and all IP comms settings so whilst you may disconnect from your installer, you may lose app access in the same breath.

He has the engineering code

On 08/08/2017 at 20:15, PeterJames said:

Once you cancel your contract with your installer they will switch off the account with the Risco cloud. Risco will not deal with you directly unless your installing a few of their systems a week. They will only work with their customers not the end user.

He has the engineering code

You would be surprised who they deal with, few systems a year will do