Security Installer Community

Texecom V4 Firmware Upgrade

BYE BYE

Evening Gents,

So Texecom released Premier Elite v4 software at last and i'm going to have a go at updating my panel. (48)

I have the Prem Elite Flasher Interface and JAA-0001 USB lead. So should be all set to go at some point over the weekend. 

Any advice before i get stuck in ? 

cheers !

Well it's brand new so not played with it yet.

Seems to have been polished in house for a while so would expect a smooth transition.

However, on any critical system that has an update, I always wait a little while to see if something comes out the woodwork.

I don't mind testing stuff on the bench but for daily stuff I like stability. Sometimes you get to the point you have to release it, it's very difficult to reproduce every bespoke system during testing.

I'll probably download and have a play with it next week on my bench panel.

Fair points both - thanks. 

I'm really after the Connect app etc. so guess i have a while to read other peoples upgrade woes before that is released...

Mike @Texecom mentioned it could be released beginning of Sept....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All,

V4 has been out for about 5 weeks now, so far so good, no major issues reported. As mentioned above we can't always pick up everything in testing but we try dam hard to break it! ^_^ As always though Texecom believe in working with the customer, so if you ever find anything please let us know through the normal channels.

10 minutes ago, Michael Govier said:

Hi All,

V4 has been out for about 5 weeks now, so far so good, no major issues reported. As mentioned above we can't always pick up everything in testing but we try dam hard to break it! ^_^ As always though Texecom believe in working with the customer, so if you ever find anything please let us know through the normal channels.

Hi Mike, are you the new Ade ;)

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

56 minutes ago, AdrianMealing said:

Just give them the part code, its on their system. CEL-0001

Has that one been released? I thought it's the CEL-0002 that's been released? ...at least that's the one i've ordered.

Speaking of which, are there any other differences between the two apart from Wifi?

• 3 years later...

Looks like we're up to V5.04.01 at the moment. I've got a SmartCom unit and it seems you can upgrade firmware on the board and the SmartCom directly from Texecom Cloud - which is handy.

Only issues I get it updating the panel FW takes about half an hour if you're on site. Updating the SmartCom takes about 5, so I'm not too bothered about that. 

But from now on I'm just going to flash each panel prior to visiting site and save myself the time. 

Long as you have your serial lead (the one you use for Wintex) and firmware flasher like ebay 333727230395, it saves all that hassle on installs.

Takes about 3-4 minutes if you do it this way :)