Security Installer Community

CSL Miniair

Joe Doherty

CSL Miniair is not bad little device for upgrading older panels & bells only jobs to app style system. Remote Arm/Disarm is useful.

Had a issue where i couldn't connect to the Installer App but CSL changed all the settings for me No Problem.

Can connect through Digimodem via Dialcapture (Contact ID Only) Set up your zones to display in the App, You can also connect via General Alarm Input (Bell Trigg) Both methods need a SET output going to SET on Miniair this shows device Armed Disarmed Status on the App.

The Keyswitch output only supports panels with a momentary keyswitch input, however most older panels require latching like with the Galaxy i got sent from Pillar to post but found the solution even CSL have adopted this now and ordered the relays to trial. 

Anyone wanting to set up a miniair on a panel using a NC zone as a keyswitch, You are going to need a Bentley Toggle Relay model AT 223 & Two 10K resistor's, 
1. Wire one leg of your resistor from 12v to input 1 then put the other leg from 12v to Input 2 ensure they are not touching
2. Then fit Jumpers links on J1 & J2
3. Connect orange OUT wire from miniair to IP1 on relay
4 Power Relay from Aux

This set up will work for dial capture or just using the general alarm

When the relay receives a negative applied pulse from miniair it goes open it then stays in that state until pulse is replied closing input thus setting and unsettling the alarm via the app

Hope you find this little review use full

Thanks,   Joe

11.png

So... do you buy direct from CSL, no monitoring co. involved?

Then monthly app fee to CSL direct?

Just realised this section isn't strictly trade only; price would be of interest I'm sure, even to those not intending on using it.

I'm guessing it comes with a £1.99 antenna rather than the usual big CSL jobbie?

Thanks for the review though - esp. the relay.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

You order them through your ARC Same price as a Digiair, You may be able to order via CSL for App connection Only not sure, Yeah only Supports Contact ID at the moment as far as i am aware, Or can just wire it via bell trigg input. This shows up as General Alarm

Yes comes with standard stick on antenna 

Edited by Joe Doherty

12 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

m2mservices Sofia?

Can you buy it from them or is it a licence deal in the uk?

11 minutes ago, Joe Doherty said:

You order them through your ARC Same price as a Digiair, You may be able to order via CSL for App connection Only not sure, Yeah only Supports Contact ID at the moment as far as i am aware, Or can just wire it via bell trigg input. This shows up as General Alarm

Yes comes with standard stick on antenna 

What does it cost?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

15 minutes ago, Joe Doherty said:

Sent you a PM James, didnt want to put monitoring prices on here as do not have access to the Trade Forum

Thanks

You should apply then. Ill do the vetting over pm if you want to keep it that way

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Not a bad little device, I did some testing and evaluation on it for CSL last month. 

Signalling works fine, quite a fast device, Although the IPhone app needed a little tweaking but I'm assuming this would be sorted by now.. Got it setup and controlled by iPhone working on remote set/ unset for all Texecom panels, including veritas.  I can see a market for it.

Just now, james.wilson said:

is that via the relay pse?

Yes mate, A basic SPST for the Premier/ Elite range and a SPST with 0v trigger input for Veritas

Both panels need a few options changing

Even if your just using the app side the arc still have to do the hosting and accounts side

This means there is two prices

1 same as the digiair price ish!  but just slightly cheaper - ARC deals with Keyholders

2 hosting only so just to the app - alot cheaper - No actions from ARC at all!

got a demo unit working fine with just 12v 0v and N/O trigger connected

you dont have to use the keyswitch input

so a straight 3 wire connection at basic level

the contact id dial capture is good through the app - up grade for me at home!

set up and program on the Installers app - MiniAir

then customer logs in and set up notifications for them on there app - My Home Alarm

might get time later do a video and add link

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

On 19/07/2017 at 23:49, PSE said:

Not a bad little device, I did some testing and evaluation on it for CSL last month. 

Signalling works fine, quite a fast device, Although the IPhone app needed a little tweaking but I'm assuming this would be sorted by now.. Got it setup and controlled by iPhone working on remote set/ unset for all Texecom panels, including veritas.  I can see a market for it.

Could you explain how you managed to get the remote arming / disarming to Work?

There is only one leg out from the mini air and the texecom panels require a 2.2k or 4.7k (6.9k) circuit.

I have wired the single leg into the right hand side of the zone and programmed as Normally open and Moment Key, but cannot seem to get it to work.

pulling my hair out!

Absolute legend. What a great and easy to understand diagram.

I am also using a Com2400 for signalling, the arm part is still separate isn’t it?

The site is a remote garage with barely any signal so was running back to the house to use WiFi calling and then back to try things, the last thing I was told by CSL was that it’s a (-) negative applied / removed, so then realised that I need a relay.

Is there any particular one you would suggest using?

This is the solution to SmartCom issues with the risk of power failure and / or the line being cut. Very neat little device. The only draw back Vs the SmartCom is there is an ongoing charge, but that’s an end user issue more than an installer one.