Security Installer Community

Pyronix Cloud

Al72x

2 hours ago, Bettysmum said:

Hi 

Thanks for the replies 

Is this not an invasion of my privacy

I was not given any indication that someone else could access my alarm system remotely via a cloud administrator account (without my prior knowledge )and add and remove remote devices which I am not able to do myself 

Surely I have a case for being mis- sold a system that I had no control over as far as the cloud app remote access is concerned 

If I am unable to use a different phone or even allow my family members to be added without asking a total stranger to do it for me and give them access to their information ,then that is an invasion of privacy that I was never informed about or indeed sanctioned 

Find another installer or company that your comfortable with and ask them to make it stand alone system, as you need an installer for the app side of things

Or buy a Yale and do it yourself simple, odd you keep using the word total stranger , after all you were happy to trust him on what security you need 

• Upvote 2

Using someone you have no trust in to install your alarm system seems a bit odd.

Trusting the control of your alarm system to an app is an equal or greater vulnerability if you think about it.

You seem to point a lot of blame towards the installer but this is how this manufacturer have there cloud system setup.

There is no invasion of privacy, I assume you required the app and these are the terms of it.

I think the above few posts cover how you can go forward. If that be with app or without, installer or not.

• 2 months later...
On 11/07/2017 at 21:07, Al72x said:

I have just had a Pyronix Enforcer professionally installed but the installer seems to maintain control of the Pyronix Cloud access i.e. if I need an additional person authorised on the app I need to call the installer, if I want the notifications changed again I have to call the installer.

I have access to the app of course.

Is this normal for the installer to maintain such control?

Hey did you manage to solve this?

I'm in the process of getting my pyronix update to the wifi one but i'm worried that i will end up in that situation.

could you please or anyone advise me? I do not want my installer to have any real dealings with my system other than for maintenance to change the batteries and stuff.

I think its total absurd and outrageous for your installer to controll your access to your own system? especially the fact you will be paying ur annual fee.

• 3 months later...

My app has stopped working. I get a message "Before you can use the app it needs to be authorised on the PyronixCloud. Please contact your system administrator" Nothing has changed except the app has been updated on my phone. The installer has checked and I am authorised but it still does not work. I am now having to get them round which is not convenient for an issue that suggests that it should be resolved remotely. Any suggestions?

• 3 months later...

I had a system installed on year ago and now my app is saying that my ‘Home UK subscription is ending’. The installer and administrator has disappeared and it looks like he has gone out of business.

any advice on what I can do to get this renewed with someone?

28 minutes ago, Simonyg said:

I had a system installed on year ago and now my app is saying that my ‘Home UK subscription is ending’. The installer and administrator has disappeared and it looks like he has gone out of business.

Post where you are, there may be someone that will take you on a service contract

1 hour ago, Simonyg said:

As Peter says , but the enforcer has plenty of installers across the UK 

I am surprised how many come here and say this , I am more inclined that everyone looking for a cheap way out ,but there isn't one you need am installer for the app system after the free bit