Security Installer Community

Pyronix Cloud

Al72x

I have just had a Pyronix Enforcer professionally installed but the installer seems to maintain control of the Pyronix Cloud access i.e. if I need an additional person authorised on the app I need to call the installer, if I want the notifications changed again I have to call the installer.

I have access to the app of course.

Is this normal for the installer to maintain such control?

That seems a bit odd; certainly on the Eaton we install, the installer would have to change the type and nature of notifications (but can be done remotely), but the 'phonebook' and adding cloud app accounts is a user function.

Does the installer have remote access to the system, do you know?

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

15 hours ago, Al72x said:

I have just had a Pyronix Enforcer professionally installed but the installer seems to maintain control of the Pyronix Cloud access i.e. if I need an additional person authorised on the app I need to call the installer, if I want the notifications changed again I have to call the installer.

Might be because first you need to setup users on the panel , then you should be able to add users on the app

All possibly via managers code and menu

Unless he has only given you a user code with limited function

Your installer can setup the option for you to add users when you want (its a tick box on our eng cloud interface).

As for your notifications this will have to be done by your installer, again we have tick boxes for different settings.  I would say (I dont know what contract you have with your installer) you could request access to your settings.

He would have to remove you from his installer account and then you would have to register for a customer cloud account as I dont think (would have to try/ask) if you can have the same system registered to an installer account & customer account.

• 1 year later...

Hi

I use Home+ plus App on my IPhone with Pyronix Alarm System 

My alarm was fitted a few months ago and when I changed my phone I could not add it on the app,it was saying it needed to be approved by the administrator

Surely I should be the administrator of my own alarm system 

I am not entirely happy about this 

Why should some-one other than myself have control over my system 

Has anyone or does anyone know how I would get administration rights and control of my own system 

Once the system is registered you can't change it. Your installer has an option to tick a box where you can automatically add a new device without having to contact him. The installer could actually have access to your system via app or cloud. Personally I would change your user code so he can't access your system. As for cloud access there is not much you can do about that. Might be worth looking at your log on app as will tell you who had armed / disarmed system etc. 

Hi

Thank you for the quick reply 

So are you saying I cannot ever have control of my system 

Everytime I need to add a phone on the Home App I need approval from another person who I don’t even know 

If I change my user code I will still have the same problem as the installer will still have full control of my system ( administrator ) 

If that is the case I don’t know why I bothered getting the alarm with remote access 

I worry because if he is in charge of my account then he knows when my alarm is set and when it is disarmed 

If someone hacked his computer then they would also get this information 

How on earth can something like this happen 

To pay a lot of money for an alarm to have someone else with control over it 

I find that totally unbelievable and quite alarming 

Is there no way I can remove this person and have administration rights to the alarm system I actually own 

Sorry if this sounds like a rant 

1 hour ago, Bettysmum said:

Hi

Thank you for the quick reply 

So are you saying I cannot ever have control of my system 

Everytime I need to add a phone on the Home App I need approval from another person who I don’t even know 

If I change my user code I will still have the same problem as the installer will still have full control of my system ( administrator ) 

If that is the case I don’t know why I bothered getting the alarm with remote access 

I worry because if he is in charge of my account then he knows when my alarm is set and when it is disarmed 

If someone hacked his computer then they would also get this information 

How on earth can something like this happen 

To pay a lot of money for an alarm to have someone else with control over it 

I find that totally unbelievable and quite alarming 

Is there no way I can remove this person and have administration rights to the alarm system I actually own 

Sorry if this sounds like a rant 

It doesn't quite work like that, once you change your user codes and ask him to give you the option to add users 

Then the app should report if the engineer is on-site and the engineer normally cannot disarm or make system changes without you know it 

I think the adding of users will be striahht forward and you don't need to worry about engineer access

Administration and engineer functions are two different things so no big issue

There are many options which don't come set on as default. Set / unset being one of many. Just ask him to enable that you can add different app users without his authorisation. He should have no reason to decline as it's just like you adding a user code to your system. You cannot re register your system once he has registered it. Pyronix are very funny when it comes to try and do that. 

This is a big problem.

Never mind the app access the fact is your installer will be able to access your system and it’s entire programming without you ever knowing using the Pyronix Insite software. He will be able to program devices unused and access the system logs at will without you ever knowing. No indication on the keypad!

Go to the user menu and make sure UDL block is option is Yes.

What is worse is that rogue ex-employees of the installer may still have access from any pc anytime they like 24/7. 

It is essential that the UDL Block option is set to ‘Yes’

Although security screened the fire and security industry mainly employees low skilled uneducated personal. You MUST protect yourself from these people.

Worst still if they have installed your cctv system they will more than likely try to keep the admin account as theirs as it is a real pain when the admin password is lost. Hence the reason the admin account/rights is not given to the customer.

The admin account always has remote access rights so this means that the installer can log in anytime 24/7 and access your cctv either live view or playback.

As most security products are cheap and getting cheaper the profit margins are reducing all the time. The results in lower and lower quality employees personnel being employed.

You MUST be very very careful when selecting a ‘security’ installer.

You would think Betty that the customer would get some kind of notification if their security system was being access by a remote device but NO there is no notification. The security industry is very cheap and tacky as sadly that is what sells. Be careful, be VERY careful who you choose to install the products that protect you and your family.

13 minutes ago, Amps said:

Worst still if they have installed your cctv system they will more than likely try to keep the admin account as theirs as it is a real pain when the admin password is lost. Hence the reason the admin account/rights is not given to the customer.

Or let the user change all the functions & listen to them bitch when there's no recording of the crime... Even better when their employees have done this steal...

Mr? Veritas God

2 minutes ago, Amps said:

You would think Betty that the customer would get some kind of notification if their security system was being access by a remote device but NO there is no notification. The security industry is very cheap and tacky as sadly that is what sells. Be careful, be VERY careful who you choose to install the products that protect you and your family.

Sub has G2 radio alarm with 1st year free app signalling...

I'd bet £5 on an external meter cabinet or fibre / telephone being accessible

• Like 1

Mr? Veritas God

The installer can add you to your account as an additional admin, and you can change these settings yourself.

I do it for my customers when asked.

They can **** about with their cloud settings to their hearts content, but they cant change settings for the arc monitoring.

I use the csl digiair connected gprs product.

Edited by petrolhead

amps you seem to infer that people care about security? If that's the case then its also about the backend too. ie not using dropbox for customer data. No data on the google linked phone?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Hi 

Thanks for the replies 

Is this not an invasion of my privacy

I was not given any indication that someone else could access my alarm system remotely via a cloud administrator account (without my prior knowledge )and add and remove remote devices which I am not able to do myself 

Surely I have a case for being mis- sold a system that I had no control over as far as the cloud app remote access is concerned 

If I am unable to use a different phone or even allow my family members to be added without asking a total stranger to do it for me and give them access to their information ,then that is an invasion of privacy that I was never informed about or indeed sanctioned 

much less so than using the internet...

Surely I have a case for being mis- sold a system that I had no control over as far as the cloud app remote access is concerned 

You've delegated control to somebody... if your unhappy with this ask them to delete your cloud a/c & then you can do as you please defaulting system / creating a new cloud a/c

However this may effect warranty, maintenance or insurance requirements

Mr? Veritas God

2 hours ago, Bettysmum said:

Hi 

Thanks for the replies 

I was not given any indication that someone else could access my alarm system remotely via a cloud administrator account (without my prior knowledge )and add and remove remote devices which I am not able to do myself 

If I am unable to use a different phone or even allow my family members to be added without asking a total stranger to do it for me and give them access to their information ,then that is an invasion of privacy that I was never informed about or indeed sanctioned 

Find another installer or company that your comfortable with and ask them to make it stand alone system, as you need an installer for the app side of things

Or buy a Yale and do it yourself simple, odd you keep using the word total stranger , after all you were happy to trust him on what security you need 

• Upvote 2

Using someone you have no trust in to install your alarm system seems a bit odd.

Trusting the control of your alarm system to an app is an equal or greater vulnerability if you think about it.

You seem to point a lot of blame towards the installer but this is how this manufacturer have there cloud system setup.

There is no invasion of privacy, I assume you required the app and these are the terms of it.

I think the above few posts cover how you can go forward. If that be with app or without, installer or not.

• 2 months later...
On 11/07/2017 at 21:07, Al72x said:

Hey did you manage to solve this?

I'm in the process of getting my pyronix update to the wifi one but i'm worried that i will end up in that situation.

could you please or anyone advise me? I do not want my installer to have any real dealings with my system other than for maintenance to change the batteries and stuff.

I think its total absurd and outrageous for your installer to controll your access to your own system? especially the fact you will be paying ur annual fee.

• 3 months later...

My app has stopped working. I get a message "Before you can use the app it needs to be authorised on the PyronixCloud. Please contact your system administrator" Nothing has changed except the app has been updated on my phone. The installer has checked and I am authorised but it still does not work. I am now having to get them round which is not convenient for an issue that suggests that it should be resolved remotely. Any suggestions?