Security Installer Community

Wireless zone expander problem

I'll add an update just in case anyone else is going to use a UR2 for this purpose.

Thanks to simlec's input it's all up and running. Either SET terminal within the G4 panel can be used, J3 switches to neg & J9 shwitches to + upon arming so can be used to arm the UR2.

Make sure you run 8 core originally or you'll end up adding 2 cores!

UR2 is easy to set up once you've learnt to use their comic strip instructions.

1 hour ago, datadiffusion said:

Just out of interest, how does the UR2 signal jamming, supervision, and battery notifications?

Probably needs another zone on the panel and another output , 

But then this geezer is stuck with what he put in 

(Probably another 3 if we're going to argue:))

Just wondered as it has a 7 segment display, but not obvious from the spec exactly what this shows other than numerical zone activation (which I assume you can turn off).

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

3 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

Just out of interest, how does the UR2 signal jamming, supervision, and battery notifications?

You have the tamper/fault output on the UR2 which you can put on a spare zone or wire in to the global tamper.

18 minutes ago, Simlec said:

You have the tamper/fault output on the UR2 which you can put on a spare zone or wire in to the global tamper.

And wouldn't THAT be fun on an LED keypad panel at 2AM!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

44 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

And wouldn't THAT be fun on an LED keypad panel at 2AM!

Still if you need upgrade great idea, bit they missed is a remote display or less or something

Great idea if you have plenty of spare, programmable (+ pref. ability to be non-siren at 2AM 'technical' zones) IMHO.

For all the future hastle better off just upgrading panel to same as your wireless choice, can't be much extra by the time you've splashed out on devices + RX (I assume universal RX dearer than expander).

Doesn't the Euro Mini handle a single Pyronix expander?