Security Installer Community

Wireless Detection

Evening gents

I'm looking to add some wireless detectors onto RF RIO on my brothers alarm system... one snag.. he has two cats.

I have always found a way to bypass dogs setting alarms off but not cats.. is there anything else to try? 

I've always used BOSCH Blue line detectors.. I think the only conceivable option is to restrict the cats. Shut them in one room and allow the alarm to carry out its job.

As a trial i will leave them on soak test first anyway so i'll know if i'll be facing any issues this way

You do get pet friendly pirs for the galaxy the only issue I've had is cats like to jump on things so unless you can site them so as there's nothing in the field of view the cats will jump on, the only other option is the old turn the detector upside down and mount it lower

good luck

Trade Member

7 hours ago, The Arab said:

You do get pet friendly pirs for the galaxy the only issue I've had is cats like to jump on things so unless you can site them so as there's nothing in the field of view the cats will jump on, the only other option is the old turn the detector upside down and mount it lower

good luck

As jw says perimeter protection is the way and keep some doors closed 

Lol upside down , I suppose height is an issue there 

• 3 weeks later...

Another option is a curtain pir on its side at approx light switch level, in the good/bad old days there was a (wondered ?) ex35 pir that had a pet option within it, so that if you slid the board to pet it acted like a curtain don't know if there a newer version out there now

Trade Member