Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite 24 - Full Set

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a lotta screenshot lol

I've never really used suites but afaik you deselect use keypad areas and the keypads area assingment will correspond to the suit instead of the area.  So your upstairs keypad could be a suite which does area A & B.  Then set area a to auto part arm so that it part arms as you don't open the door.  However auto part arm is a pain if you ever want to arm via the app.

I would personally not bother with suites (maybe because I'm not experienced enough in using them!) and have house as A, garage as B.  Keypad in garage does B and keypads in house do A.  Disable part arms for B.  Master user codes with local attributes so you can arm garage from house if you forget etc.  If you have a pir in the garage then use its 4 cores for the new keypad and wire the pir back from that keypads zone terminals.  If you have money to spare and want to fully kit out the garage with bells and smokes etc get a PSU200XP.  Should be cheaper than getting all wireless.

Alternatively with no garage keypad.  Maybe set B to auto arm after say 30 mins depending on what you do in there.  Keypads A.  Master users A&B, local arm and darm.  Take off disarm first.  Now the keypads will control A, and only B when specifically selecting it.  The garage will automatically arm itself once the door is closed and no movement for 30mins.  Then the garage is already armed when you go out or go to bed.  Just select to arm or part arm the house as normal without worrying about garage.  If you get car out garage, disarm it, arm house, drive off in car knowing it will rearm after you've gone.  Could even try defered arming to get it to arm quicker.

Not sure how this works with quick settings.  Or have a seperate code for just the garage and assign each code its own area. Hope that makes sense and I haven't overlooked something.

Edited by installer_dale