Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite 24 - Full Set

Hello Everybody,

I'm hoping you can help me with what is (hopefully) a relatively simple fix;

I upgraded the firmware on my premier elite 24 panel from 2.(something i cant rememeber) to 3.2.

Since doing so when i press the area button on my control pad in the hall the system goes to part arm 2, 

The system is set into 2 areas;

Area A = Ground Floor and Garage

Area B = First Floor

The control pad in the hall is set to Area A&B but I havent got the "use keypad areas" box checked in wintex, I tried it and it made no difference.

The second control pad is in the second floor landing, This is set to area a only, the idea being that I set the alarm from the second floor pad at bed time and we can roam the first and second floors (no sensors on second floor) and then either dis arm from second floor in the morning or go down stairs and the hallway sensor will start the entry timer.

The Parts arms are as follows;

Part arm 1 - Doors and Garage

Part Arm 2 - Bedtime - Seperate to only activing area A from second floor pad

Part Arm 3 - Garage Only

So before i updated the firmware it all worked beutifully, I press area in the hallway when leaving the house and the whole house was armed, and i pressed area on the second floor pad at night and only the grond floor and garage was armed. Like i say though, when i press area on the ground floor pad now it automatically goe's to part arm 2.

I even change the configurations on part arm 2 so it was the garage only setting and part 3 was the bedtime incase something in the zone settings was confliciting but it made no difference, even with the garage as part 2 when i press area it still auto's to part 2.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

Evening Gents,

Thank you for the comments, I've defaulted the panel and restored from a previous backup. All is good, and luckily it was simple fix.

It took me a little while to get the ComIP pushing notifications to the mobile app again, it's helpful that there's nothing in the ComIP manual about setting Config 2 to use COM 1in the ARC settings!!!

The only thing is that when I press area on the second floor Pad once armed the display flashes between the part arm text ( ** PART ARM**) and Area A. I'm not sure whether it should be doing this as technically it's not part armed?

Thanks for your help so far.

When only arming some of the areas it shows the part arm text as only part of the entire system is armed. A feature that annoys me.

However as said you really should have the house as area a and the garage as area b. Then use part arms within area a.  Also means you can then have the garage armed throughout the day and auto arm it etc

Edited by installer_dale

It annoys me too Dale :-(

Thanks for the feedback gents, I think I'll look to swapping the areas around and getting a third keypad in the garage.

Is there a way that I can program the panel to default to a particular part set when I press the part button?

I'm thinking of adding an expander so I can have even more coverage, a couple more questions though, (sorry) can I add wireless/ricochet door sensors and smoke detectors? If I can, can I add the smokes to area A existing setup or would they require their own area? I've only thought about doing this over the last few hours so have done absolutely no research, apologies if this is a pretty basic question.

Thanks Again :-)

Code, Part, Yes will be Part 1.

It should show Part Armed Banner when only an Area is set, this is useful information to display; especially for monitored systems.

I would look at using Local arming to only arm areas the keypad is within, this will save selecting the Areas to arm each time.

You can add whatever you want if you have space for it, both expander slot wise and power consumption wise.

As for the keypad situation it makes logical sense to put all equipment/devices in the area they are in.

Quick press of part button always does part 1. Only way to have another part in any situation is manually scrolling to it (unless u have a corrupt profile like above lol).

You can add any zone to any and all areas. Personally I put fire on area they are in. Sounders all areas if u want all to sound wherever the alarm is.

Do you already have wiring to garage or a wireless expander? New wireless expander and wireless keypad come out next week.

10 hours ago, installer_dale said:

Quick press of part button always does part 1. Only way to have another part in any situation is manually scrolling to it (unless u have a corrupt profile like above lol).

You can add any zone to any and all areas. Personally I put fire on area they are in. Sounders all areas if u want all to sound wherever the alarm is.

Do you already have wiring to garage or a wireless expander? New wireless expander and wireless keypad come out next week.

I

10 hours ago, installer_dale said:

Thanks Dale,

Yes I already have a door sensor on the up and over garage door and a motion sensor with EOL wiring, I haven't checked what they were wired (i.e. What core) with but I was thinking I may be able to pick up the spare cores for a keypad.

I don't have an expander installed (yet) so will certainly wait until the release of the new one.

Gents,

Thank you for all the other comments, I appreciate the help and advise 

Okay so here I am yet again scratching my head....

I changed the zones garage sensors (motion and door) to area b and all the house sensors to area a.

I renamed the arm suites;

Suite 1 - AB House and Garage

Suite 2  - .B Garage

I swaped the Part Arms in the zone setting

Part 1 - Bedtime (first floor omitted)

Part 2 - Doors and garage (house motion sensors omitted)

Part 3 - Garage Only (All house omitted)

Quick Arm is ticked for both keypads

Both keypads set Area A&B

When I press part upstairs it offered me area b so I changed the keypad setting on the second keypad setting to "Use keypad areas"

It then offered me Areas A&B but then when it set it displayed "Garage"

When I press part it says "House and Garage" then I press part again and it says "Do you want bedtime"

So I assume the second keypad is somehow linked to Arm Suite 2??? Is there a way I can change it?

Any ideas why the part isn't just defaulting to part set 1?

Thanks in advance :-)

That's a lotta screenshot lol

I've never really used suites but afaik you deselect use keypad areas and the keypads area assingment will correspond to the suit instead of the area.  So your upstairs keypad could be a suite which does area A & B.  Then set area a to auto part arm so that it part arms as you don't open the door.  However auto part arm is a pain if you ever want to arm via the app.

I would personally not bother with suites (maybe because I'm not experienced enough in using them!) and have house as A, garage as B.  Keypad in garage does B and keypads in house do A.  Disable part arms for B.  Master user codes with local attributes so you can arm garage from house if you forget etc.  If you have a pir in the garage then use its 4 cores for the new keypad and wire the pir back from that keypads zone terminals.  If you have money to spare and want to fully kit out the garage with bells and smokes etc get a PSU200XP.  Should be cheaper than getting all wireless.

Alternatively with no garage keypad.  Maybe set B to auto arm after say 30 mins depending on what you do in there.  Keypads A.  Master users A&B, local arm and darm.  Take off disarm first.  Now the keypads will control A, and only B when specifically selecting it.  The garage will automatically arm itself once the door is closed and no movement for 30mins.  Then the garage is already armed when you go out or go to bed.  Just select to arm or part arm the house as normal without worrying about garage.  If you get car out garage, disarm it, arm house, drive off in car knowing it will rearm after you've gone.  Could even try defered arming to get it to arm quicker.

Not sure how this works with quick settings.  Or have a seperate code for just the garage and assign each code its own area. Hope that makes sense and I haven't overlooked something.

Edited by installer_dale