Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite 24 - Full Set

It annoys me too Dale :-(

Thanks for the feedback gents, I think I'll look to swapping the areas around and getting a third keypad in the garage.

Is there a way that I can program the panel to default to a particular part set when I press the part button?

I'm thinking of adding an expander so I can have even more coverage, a couple more questions though, (sorry) can I add wireless/ricochet door sensors and smoke detectors? If I can, can I add the smokes to area A existing setup or would they require their own area? I've only thought about doing this over the last few hours so have done absolutely no research, apologies if this is a pretty basic question.

Thanks Again :-)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Code, Part, Yes will be Part 1.

It should show Part Armed Banner when only an Area is set, this is useful information to display; especially for monitored systems.

I would look at using Local arming to only arm areas the keypad is within, this will save selecting the Areas to arm each time.

You can add whatever you want if you have space for it, both expander slot wise and power consumption wise.

As for the keypad situation it makes logical sense to put all equipment/devices in the area they are in.

Quick press of part button always does part 1. Only way to have another part in any situation is manually scrolling to it (unless u have a corrupt profile like above lol).

You can add any zone to any and all areas. Personally I put fire on area they are in. Sounders all areas if u want all to sound wherever the alarm is.

Do you already have wiring to garage or a wireless expander? New wireless expander and wireless keypad come out next week.

10 hours ago, installer_dale said:

Quick press of part button always does part 1. Only way to have another part in any situation is manually scrolling to it (unless u have a corrupt profile like above lol).

You can add any zone to any and all areas. Personally I put fire on area they are in. Sounders all areas if u want all to sound wherever the alarm is.

Do you already have wiring to garage or a wireless expander? New wireless expander and wireless keypad come out next week.

I

10 hours ago, installer_dale said:

Thanks Dale,

Yes I already have a door sensor on the up and over garage door and a motion sensor with EOL wiring, I haven't checked what they were wired (i.e. What core) with but I was thinking I may be able to pick up the spare cores for a keypad.

I don't have an expander installed (yet) so will certainly wait until the release of the new one.

Gents,

Thank you for all the other comments, I appreciate the help and advise 

Okay so here I am yet again scratching my head....

I changed the zones garage sensors (motion and door) to area b and all the house sensors to area a.

I renamed the arm suites;

Suite 1 - AB House and Garage

Suite 2  - .B Garage

I swaped the Part Arms in the zone setting

Part 1 - Bedtime (first floor omitted)

Part 2 - Doors and garage (house motion sensors omitted)

Part 3 - Garage Only (All house omitted)

Quick Arm is ticked for both keypads

Both keypads set Area A&B

When I press part upstairs it offered me area b so I changed the keypad setting on the second keypad setting to "Use keypad areas"

It then offered me Areas A&B but then when it set it displayed "Garage"

When I press part it says "House and Garage" then I press part again and it says "Do you want bedtime"

So I assume the second keypad is somehow linked to Arm Suite 2??? Is there a way I can change it?

Any ideas why the part isn't just defaulting to part set 1?

Thanks in advance :-)