Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite 24 - Full Set

Hello Everybody,

I'm hoping you can help me with what is (hopefully) a relatively simple fix;

I upgraded the firmware on my premier elite 24 panel from 2.(something i cant rememeber) to 3.2.

Since doing so when i press the area button on my control pad in the hall the system goes to part arm 2, 

The system is set into 2 areas;

Area A = Ground Floor and Garage

Area B = First Floor

The control pad in the hall is set to Area A&B but I havent got the "use keypad areas" box checked in wintex, I tried it and it made no difference.

The second control pad is in the second floor landing, This is set to area a only, the idea being that I set the alarm from the second floor pad at bed time and we can roam the first and second floors (no sensors on second floor) and then either dis arm from second floor in the morning or go down stairs and the hallway sensor will start the entry timer.

The Parts arms are as follows;

Part arm 1 - Doors and Garage

Part Arm 2 - Bedtime - Seperate to only activing area A from second floor pad

Part Arm 3 - Garage Only

So before i updated the firmware it all worked beutifully, I press area in the hallway when leaving the house and the whole house was armed, and i pressed area on the second floor pad at night and only the grond floor and garage was armed. Like i say though, when i press area on the ground floor pad now it automatically goe's to part arm 2.

I even change the configurations on part arm 2 so it was the garage only setting and part 3 was the bedtime incase something in the zone settings was confliciting but it made no difference, even with the garage as part 2 when i press area it still auto's to part 2.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening Gents,

Thank you for the comments, I've defaulted the panel and restored from a previous backup. All is good, and luckily it was simple fix.

It took me a little while to get the ComIP pushing notifications to the mobile app again, it's helpful that there's nothing in the ComIP manual about setting Config 2 to use COM 1in the ARC settings!!!

The only thing is that when I press area on the second floor Pad once armed the display flashes between the part arm text ( ** PART ARM**) and Area A. I'm not sure whether it should be doing this as technically it's not part armed?

Thanks for your help so far.

When only arming some of the areas it shows the part arm text as only part of the entire system is armed. A feature that annoys me.

However as said you really should have the house as area a and the garage as area b. Then use part arms within area a.  Also means you can then have the garage armed throughout the day and auto arm it etc

Edited by installer_dale