Security Installer Community

Dahua Newbie

Hi All, 

Just looking for a bit of advice.  

We have been using the Hik-Vision stuff for a while, but due to the current issues with the new Hik we decided to try out the Dahua HDCVI stuff.  

I installed a DHI-XVR5104HS with some DH-HAC-HDW2401EMP cameras.  

The problem I am having is when I plug them into the HDCVI BNC the camera is not stable and only comes on crackling and black& white.  im sure this is just a setting but I cant seem to find anything about it anywhere.

Please can you help 

Thanks

C

Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 20.58.19.png

1 hour ago, Itsadubthing said:

Hi All, 

Just looking for a bit of advice.  

We have been using the Hik-Vision stuff for a while, but due to the current issues with the new Hik we decided to try out the Dahua HDCVI stuff.  

I installed a DHI-XVR5104HS with some DH-HAC-HDW2401EMP cameras.  

The problem I am having is when I plug them into the HDCVI BNC the camera is not stable and only comes on crackling and black& white.  im sure this is just a setting but I cant seem to find anything about it anywhere.

Please can you help 

Thanks

C

Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 20.58.19.png

Also dahua are very helpful , do you not have access to there tech?

no never, and when i swap the bnc to the analogue end the picture is fine (low quality but fine) my first though was my BNC's.   Its a brand new 2Ah psu but again I have tried another one also.

11 hours ago, Lwillis said:

How are they wired? Cat5 with balauns or shotgun?

shot gun cable

Edited by Itsadubthing

Seen something similar before. The camera has two outputs... HD-CVI and CVBS, looks like your in the opposite one to what the input is set as.

Switch it and see what you get.

*just saw the above post and you already have done. Check the input is set to HD-CVI and not analogue within the DVR settings. Can't remember where in the menu but can check one later if your struggling.

Edited by ElecTech

13 minutes ago, ElecTech said:

Seen something similar before. The camera has two outputs... HD-CVI and CVBS, looks like your in the opposite one to what the input is set as.

Switch it and see what you get.

*just saw the above post and you already have done. Check the input is set to HD-CVI and not analogue within the DVR settings. Can't remember where in the menu but can check one later if your struggling.

thanks for your suggestions ElecTech, im sure its just an input set wrong but searching through all the menus i cant seem to find anything.

Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 11.20.32.png

Im a man of few words so........

CAMERA:

cam.jpg

DVR:

dvr.jpg

Try it in CVBS mode?  See if you pictures ok, whcih should prove connections and bnc's etc.

Edited by JB_
egg03064.gif

• 2 months later...

This has probably been resolved by now but just incase here is what's happening. All the cvi cameras are all now 4MP. If you have bought a 2MP camera it's a 4MP camera that has been changed to 2MP in the camera settings.

When you are in the PTZ settings if you double click it defaults the camera back to 4MP. If you only have a 2MP DVR you will get pictures like in the post. 

To resolve it you need either a 4MP test monitor or a 4MP DVR. To prevent it when you leave the PTZ menu click no if it's asking you to accept changes. 

• 5 months later...