Security Installer Community

EUROSEC CPX CP8L KEY PAD

1 minute ago, james.wilson said:

an a similar note do you recommend the cheap sh#t part or the proper one?

You will know how the cheap one compares?

Cheap parts are sometimes better than OE ones these days. But if people are not aware of things such as this people base there decisions do they not on trust and word of mouth. Things have moved on massively within the motor trade and within technology in last 10 years. 

ok your on, recommend me a cheap audi front brake pad for an rs6?

Yellow is ok but needs temp, green is worse. Red needs to drive harder than I do. I do agree that some parts are better, but I find that isn't the case in life, feel and knackering your disc if you have grooved and vented.

You have a rover metro from the 90's alarm. Just get a decent one even if you do it yourself

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Well, one slight difference is that factored parts often have the benefit that they are copies of what could have been a design that cost *someone else* thousands of pounds.

With alarms however, it is a little different, with designs being exclusive to most manufacturers.

As above, what you have is pretty low end, tbh.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

7 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

Audi

No I don't service it myself I don't know audis at all  I know some alarms well.

Audi, good car.  TDI  or SFI .  Audi share same running gear as vw, skoda and some seats and some of that stuff is a bit naff. Any way yes see your points and carnt disagree with you.  If i can get this rf noise question answered i be happy.  If the system starts playing up major again it will be going if its not a simple fix as its a backward system. 

11 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

ok your on, recommend me a cheap audi front brake pad for an rs6?

Yellow is ok but needs temp, green is worse. Red needs to drive harder than I do. I do agree that some parts are better, but I find that isn't the case in life, feel and knackering your disc if you have grooved and vented.

You have a rover metro from the 90's alarm. Just get a decent one even if you do it yourself

Pagid competition pads. 

What was wrong with a rover metro it was fit for purpose in taking people from a to b eventually most of the time until it rusted to death.  Lol see your point. Like every think people buy or have is it not. Its a need to know basis or from experience gained in the past people make there decisions.  

PAGID COMPETITION PADS.  Try them 

7 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

re the parts, audi parts have seat, vw and skoda on them. I'm sure its the same for skoda parts. 

But risco parts still have risco stamped on them

To a home owner unless familiar with what is installed it means nothing until it starts to develop a fault or brake down.then its too late and realise they have a rover metro  and its only a matter of time before the next brake down or failure. 

agreed, I wouldn't of used the stuff you have but it is budget gear. A lot of people when buying an alarm system buy on price. Even when they know cheap stuff is crap. Sad even those that think about it buy the cheap sh#t that protects the family and home. At least some come here to realise it

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

5 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

ok I will

Dont buy them off ebay. 

ECP or google PAGID competition pads for your car  with having  motor trade experience.  see my point. Unless you know you about this stuff you just go on word of mouth etc.  Any way hope they work for you. PAGID is good gear with 2 year warranty James.

Who will fit the pads? As doubt main dealer will touch them as dont fit aftermarket stuff due to warranty and safety branding responsibilities. 

Back to my issue 

If any one knows the answer to my rf noise tests or readings let me know.

Thanks

Just now, james.wilson said:

agreed, I wouldn't of used the stuff you have but it is budget gear. A lot of people when buying an alarm system buy on price. Even when they know cheap stuff is ****. Sad even those that think about it buy the cheap sh#t that protects the family and home. At least some come here to realise it

Agree. 

3 minutes ago, karl taylor said:

Have been recommended in the future to have a visonic or scantronic system fitted? Any good that gear?

Forget this stuff

Although enforcer is simpler than texe I reckon , you will still need help for both 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

get them and upload tmem, most is opinion and experience. You had a risco user reply and help you out.

Then we can give our thoughts on them

Ok will do.

Just need a few other risco users to read this and my question on comments on noise rf interference. And my readings i have found before i go any further with my rover metro vanden plas GTi lol. 

Thanks all for your input.

On 6/10/2017 at 9:36 PM, karl taylor said:

Yes agree with all comments made. 

I get some one out next week i think as its got to be programming issue now.

Alarm off,  open landing window.  Full house alarm goes off.  Panic zone 093.

So i remove zone 093 off system and reset it. Then 

I  created  a new zone zone 097 but i dont know what the default settings should be for that wireless zone,  however when i open the landing window and alarm is off it fine.

So do i leave landing window set as zone 097 but what the default settings are i dont know or do i try and ammend the settings for zone 093 which would keep it as it was with the correct zones etc.

Since i have limited kniwledge on how to change zone parameters i think it is niw best i get some one in to ammend the settings before i knack it up . Or pull the plug on it and up date the system

Can you not go through the engineer menu and change the attributes of zone 097 and make it 12hr?  You can find the manual on the risco website as you will hear a million times when ringing the risco technical support line!

Brad Jackson

Techvision Security Group

Hi Brad . Yes have changed the settings now on the panel to correct settings .

I just need to address why i am getting two wireless sensor dropping off and loosing signal . was advised to check out rf interference and measure it on the panel but no info is available on how to do it and dont want to mess this up . settings that are written down in user manual says at point of install the following=

Before i start looking in to changing reciever noise etc the original set notes written in the manual say:

Reciever noise 13%

Zone RSSI

Back door. Zone  91  -  64%

Patio door zone 92 -  80%

Landing window zone 93 -  80%

Bathroom window zone 94 -  80%

Small shed zone  95 -  56%

Large shed zone. 96 -  56%   

so if these settings are ok i leave it well alone .............?

14 hours ago, james.wilson said:

get them and upload tmem, most is opinion and experience. You had a risco user reply and help you out.

Then we can give our thoughts on them

have been recommended either a  Texecom and Pyronix systems both with an option of wired or wireless,

are these any good ?  to a replacement of my Eorosec cpx ..........?