Security Installer Community

EUROSEC CPX CP8L KEY PAD

It doesnt say any thing on the panel.

I put the alarm in to engineers mode now and leaving it as since taking the wireless zones off the system the up stairs pir is now setting the internal alarm off even though its not active. Totally stupid system.

Middlesbrough area.

I make a few calls next week to try and get it sorted. 

• Downvote 1

13 hours ago, MrHappy said:

well.... Texecom radio stuff is almost as bad as Risco

Start deleting & changing devices & you soon find the menus are all over the place & far from logical 

Yep, its far from logical,  its pathetic now. Have emailed a few local companies to see how much it will cost to change it and get it took out,  still waiting on original company who installed it to get back to me,  no chance i think. Waste of time and money. Lessons learnt.  Failing that if its a simple programme fix i need some one who knows these alarms inside out locally who want to touch it.

Middlesbrough area

• Downvote 1

I install Risco and if installed and programmed right you will not get any hassle.

From what I have noticed Zone 93 should be set to 12hr and not panic.

With the tamper on the shed door did you open and close the door a couple of times as this sends back the tamper reset?

If not then your tamper switches is open.

If I were you I would default and start again. 

• Upvote 1

I agree with Hillbilly I have installed a good few CPX systems and not had any real hassle.

It seems as if the wireless programming has either been altered or some how corrupted.

Can you not hardwire the zones if you have lost confidence in the wireless element of the system ?

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Hillbilly said:

I install Risco and if installed and programmed right you will not get any hassle.

From what I have noticed Zone 93 should be set to 12hr and not panic.

With the tamper on the shed door did you open and close the door a couple of times as this sends back the tamper reset?

If not then your tamper switches is open.

If I were you I would default and start again. 

Have spoken to a company in my area this morning, very helpful. They have said exactly the same as you  i need to check zone settings . they can come out and sort it in 10 minutes but have suggested i have a go first with the engineers manual for the system . I have a look tonight when i get home from work .

Hillbilly can you tell me why i would some times get a lost signal warning on the panel  from a wireless reciever ?   code L...........    

• Downvote 3

24 minutes ago, aissecur said:

I agree with Hillbilly I have installed a good few CPX systems and not had any real hassle.

It seems as if the wireless programming has either been altered or some how corrupted.

Can you not hardwire the zones if you have lost confidence in the wireless element of the system ?

two zones that are causing issue is outside shed and patio door .   have read log on panel and before the wireless zones got corrupted or programming lost these two zones dropped out and i got a code L notification 

• Downvote 2

Where is the panel an wireless receiver? Are they both together in a cupboard?

With the zone lost/Jamming you need to test the receiver and see what % this has in test. You need to set this parameter to 20% higher in the diagnostics from the result you get.

Also I would suggest you test each wireless zone to see what % you get as this tests the signal strength from the detector to receiver. 

All this is in the wireless set up programme side in the eng manual.

I wouldn't go with the company that says this can be done in 10mins as I would be defaulting the panel and starting from scratch doing all testing on zones etc. More like an hour to make sure it is right.

Edited by Hillbilly
  • Upvote 2

both units are in the garage loft space .

i have a engineer installation  manual down loaded off the internet.

looks a bit confusing ..............  parameter and thresholds  

the manual i have is for  risco hybrid wireless set up and programming guide . i am assuming this will be the correct guide i need to understand ?

Hi Hillbilly

I have managed to re programme the zones and correcting them to 12 hour from what they defaulted to in error on the panel. Working fine.  Just need to check how to change reciever noise but a bit reluctant as 

Before i start looking in to changing reciever noise etc the original set notes written in the manual say:

Reciever noise 13%

Zone RSSI

Back door. Zone  91  -  64%

Patio door zone 92 -  80%

Landing window zone 93 -  80%

Bathroom window zone 94 -  80%

Small shed zone  95 -  56%

Large shed zone. 96 -  56%   

So before i try and change any of this is the above information acceptable and i dont need to change?  

As nothing i have changed in the sheds or the house apart from getting  two new flat screen tvs nothing else has changed so do i need to do any thing further. ?  

Edited by karl taylor
Incorrect wording

Dont know how to get in to this menu and sub menu for measuring these reciever settings on this panel. I dont want to press a load of buttons wrongly which will cause me more issues. Its not a user friendly panel at all unless you know it well, as i am finding out.  Any one who know this panel the settings i have listed are what it was when the system was installed.  Does it look ok? How i change and measure them again i dont know how to do easily? So i leave it well alone unless i can find the information out.

Edited by karl taylor
Incorrect wording

this may sound like an odd question but what do you do for a living?

I dont know risco but i believe the rf settings are quite critical in that menu.

Also in risco's defence its not designed to be end user friendly in the engineer bits, good installers train on their preferred kit from the manufacturer. While i dont rate it, its still a decent bit of kit but far from diy. Im suprised you have had the help so far from risco.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

7 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

this may sound like an odd question but what do you do for a living?

I dont know risco but i believe the rf settings are quite critical in that menu.

Also in risco's defence its not designed to be end user friendly in the engineer bits, good installers train on their preferred kit from the manufacturer. While i dont rate it, its still a decent bit of kit but far from diy. Im suprised you have had the help so far from risco.

I dont install alarms or security system as a job.i just have a few issues with my own house alarm that i am trying to sort out. Risco are helping me to a limited degree 

10 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

ie you bought the budget risco offering and even the better stuff is cheap. Did you want a cheap system vs a good one? That's why I was asking what you do for a living so I can compare?

I didn't buy it, a local   alarm company installed it and i didnt ask him what make or model it was,  it was based on trust and reputation of the company around here. Its only afterwards a few years on these issues are coming up and i am trying to sort out. 

I can see that but I assume you had a few quotes. As with everything they are not equal. Again I ask what u do for a living?

My reason is you know in your trade what is good, what to avoid etc. In your trade is cheapest best?

Carnt find any information in engineers reference guide or in user instructions about measuring and testing rf noise. Only have a copy of hybrid wireless set up and programming.  So i leave this well alone on the panel.. Just wanted to confirm the settings i have listed will be ok as not sure how to change or measure them on my system.  So as to rule out this issue for my false lost signal errors on two of the wireless sensors. Nothing more.

Thanks all that have made a positive and helpful comment.  Its appreciated. 

Edited by karl taylor
Incorrect wording

4 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

I can see that but I assume you had a few quotes. As with everything they are not equal. Again I ask what u do for a living?

My reason is you know in your trade what is good, what to avoid etc. In your trade is cheapest best?

I work for BMW  

I aint going to say i dont rate bmw. 

So whats your mode of transport?

Do you service it yourself or take it to dealer? If you dont why? And thats your answer...lol

Yes if this system is a dacia no wonder i carnt get my head round understanding the panel. Lol

Just want a answer on the readings i have given.

ive tried all sorts of audi parts, I do about 40k a year. As with most things buying cheap has made me buy twice. Cheap stuff is cheap for a reason. The low cost installers have to use the cheaper gear. There is a reason.

1 minute ago, karl taylor said:

I aint going to say i dont rate bmw. 

So whats your mode of transport?

Do you service it yourself or take it to dealer? If you dont why? And thats your answer...lol

Yes if this system is a dacia no wonder i carnt get my head round understanding the panel. Lol

Just want a answer on the readings i have given.

Audi

No I don't service it myself I don't know audis at all  I know some alarms well.