Security Installer Community

EUROSEC CPX CP8L KEY PAD

8 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Why they make it so confusing or was gardtec risco and the wireless all botched together with a few firmware updates ( Mr texe will be reading firmware bit)

well.... Texecom radio stuff is almost as bad as Risco

Start deleting & changing devices & you soon find the menus are all over the place & far from logical 

• Upvote 2

Mr? Veritas God

to be fair its probably knowledge. I'm not a fan but the kit does work, I'm assuming your doing it wrong. As your doing diy and risco are helping you on a product that is years old, you should look at the best supported pro product for diy. I wouldn't use it but quite a few on here do and hold it in high regard

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

3 minutes ago, karl taylor said:

I wish i could make this up.  its a right mess about this risco stuff. 

Remove device from shed, place in house for a few days nr radio zex, should L! appear for this device open it & spin battery around...

• Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

Yes agree with all comments made. 

I get some one out next week i think as its got to be programming issue now.

Alarm off,  open landing window.  Full house alarm goes off.  Panic zone 093.

So i remove zone 093 off system and reset it. Then 

I  created  a new zone zone 097 but i dont know what the default settings should be for that wireless zone,  however when i open the landing window and alarm is off it fine.

So do i leave landing window set as zone 097 but what the default settings are i dont know or do i try and ammend the settings for zone 093 which would keep it as it was with the correct zones etc.

Since i have limited kniwledge on how to change zone parameters i think it is niw best i get some one in to ammend the settings before i knack it up . Or pull the plug on it and up date the system

33 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

well.... Texecom radio stuff is almost as bad as Risco

Start deleting & changing devices & you soon find the menus are all over the place & far from logical 

Agree, thats my fear, then i will bugger it up.when in doubt do nothing

Looking like replacement if carnt sort it next week.  As getting stupid issues with it now. I am loosing confidence in the alarm system now. Too many programme issues for me to understand and fix myself. System in view event mode until its sorted now as carnt be bothered getting up again in early hours for a stupid false alarm shed T  shed L or landing panic nonsense. 

No   just had it installed by a at the time a reputable installer of alarms and its what he fitted at the time.  I didnt question what make or model it was etc. 

Just gone out.  Had to go back home as wifes now opened bathroom window and its set the full alarm off with outside bell going off as i drove up the drive.. Its also rang my parents phone and woke them up who where in bed.  

I taken off the system all the wireless zones now. 

Given up with it.

Its taken this for me to decide i am taking out.  Its got a mind if its own. 

I have text the company who put it in but surprise surprise no response. 

Whats the most realiable system to get installed please? I live in north east of England so could do with a recognised installer. 

Thanks all

3 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

few pro installers would choose risco, imo

have a search for nsi gold/nacoss

House bashers do, I never been a fan really , I think some of the grade one stuff works better

I sold those risco bits quick though , all diyers on eBay , 

I have three new panels to sell aswell , wisdom ones looks like they been sitting around but two are sealed 

They make good money on eBay if you get it all free that is 

24 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

few pro installers would choose risco, imo

have a search for nsi gold/nacoss

NATIONAL security inpectorate. Found web site there a few installers in the north east area. Can any one recommend a colleague who on this forum from there and this area? 

22 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

House bashers do, I never been a fan really , I think some of the grade one stuff works better

I sold those risco bits quick though , all diyers on eBay , 

I have three new panels to sell aswell , wisdom ones looks like they been sitting around but two are sealed 

They make good money on eBay if you get it all free that is 

I wouldn't diy it.  Had enough of its wireless false alarms to put me off the stuff.  Shame i wasted my money 5 years ago on it but i didnt know, thought it would last longer and installation company no real help now as don't like coming back to fix it it seems. 

As of tonight i have unistalled all 5 wireless zones off the alarm altogether and put the alarm in engineer mode in an attempt to stop it going off. I am a mechanic by trade.  To me its got to be down to the receiver playing up and screwing things up on the panel. I think the start of the problems was when it dropped the wireless zones off and all i have done is chase the problem until its set the whole alarm off now randomly from any wireless zone..

It will be a interesting conversation i might have with risco but i doubt will solve any thing. 

There are a few gold installation companies in north east i get in touch with. 

1 hour ago, james.wilson said:

ffs al

you don't install ***** badly and quick? 

Nah I meant grade 1 years ago work better than the risco in some respects 

1 hour ago, karl taylor said:

NATIONAL security inpectorate. Found web site there a few installers in the north east area. Can any one recommend a colleague who on this forum from there and this area? 

Where's north east area 

11 hours ago, karl taylor said:

Alarm off,  open landing window.  Full house alarm goes off.  Panic zone 093.

10 hours ago, karl taylor said:

Had to go back home as wifes now opened bathroom window and its set the full alarm off with outside bell going off as i drove up the drive.. Its also rang my parents phone and woke them up who where in bed.  

9 hours ago, karl taylor said:

To me its got to be down to the receiver playing up and screwing things up on the panel.

Or perhaps, for a start, the contacts are rather incorrectly programmed as PA (PANIC) ZONE?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I have took all the wireless zones off the system for now until i get it looked at and or removed.  I have not touched the settings for each zone. Only thing i can assume is they must have default settings for each zone,  so if i have taken off the zone and then put it back on it has defaulted to that setting. Just a assumption. However it doesnt explain why upstairs pir would set alarm off now even when system is off.  Give up with it until i get some one out.

21 minutes ago, karl taylor said:

However it doesnt explain why upstairs pir would set alarm off now even when system is off.  Give up with it until i get some one out.

If it is set to PA, it precisely explains this.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands