Security Installer Community

EUROSEC CPX CP8L KEY PAD

Hi all.

Can some body who is familiar with a Eurosec  CPX alarm system with 8 zone wireless expander tell me what a certain alarm code means please .

The control panel is a Eurosec CP8L   

I am getting a false internal alarm  going off .

it says on the key pad  =                 patio door  L

This is a wireless risco door sensor which is new with a new battery fitted .      

Can any one tell me what       L         means    ?

thank you 

Thanks Peter.

The internal alarm has gone off again   now saying  outside  shed  L

Whats the best way to proceed to fix this?    Arm then disarm the system or remove and set back up that zone? 

Or more to this fault than this?

Thanks for replying 

Edited by karl taylor
Incorrect wording

Nah , wireless sensor unlikely to affect others

Is system battery good?

And you sure the window sensor is still registered to the system , reinstall it

• Upvote 1

Changed wireless sensor on landing to a new spare unit just to see what happens.  Then put the alarm on test mode. Now find when i  open the landing window the 

Internal alarm now sounds as well as externel house siren. 

The externel siren has never gone off when i have tested the system before when i opened the landing window.

I have now taken off the system the new sensor and reinstalled the original. 

Put the system on test and opened the landing window.

The internal alarm now sounds but the external siren does not. 

Any ideas?  

Should the external siren sound when the system is on test mode if i open the landing window?

And would this be the reason why i am getting false internal alarms saying patio and shed door L?  

Total fed up with it all now 

Perhaps time to give up and get a new system installed?

32 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Nah , wireless sensor unlikely to affect others

Is system battery good?

And you sure the window sensor is still registered to the system , reinstall it

Thanks for replying,  system battery is a new one from a direct electrical supplyer

All wireless remote batteries are new and are reading 3.00 or more volts so no issues with batteries.

Regards

17 minutes ago, karl taylor said:

Perhaps time to give up and get a new system installed?

unless you've shagged the sensors by putting in the battery the wrong way round....

A competent person who's experienced l with the product is what you need,

If you have the eng code / the pcb is unlocked, is an easy job..... if you know the product

Mr? Veritas God

Just now, MrHappy said:

unless you've shagged the sensors by putting in the battery the wrong way round....

If you have the eng code / the pcb is unlocked, is an easy job..... if you know the product

Batteries in correct way.  Yes got engineers code. Have been in touch with a few local alarm installers,  they dont want to know as its not there system. So trying my best to fix it without doing more harm than good.  Got a engineers installation manual on it,  awfull guide, but better than nothing. But not intended for home owners to use so understanding what menual and sub menus etc and numbers is a pain.

Dont know why i would get a false alarm for patio and shed wireless sensors saying L  as patio door sensor is new and both have new batteries. 

Perhaps caused by landing window sensor playing up?  

Why outside siren would go off with new wireless sensor and not original when system on test mode  i no idea unless i need to change default settings on panel for new sensor. ?? 

Time to save money up i think next and pull the system out. Getting to be annoying now.

Product knowledge....

You either find someone to local to work with your alarm (ring risco & ask them for local firm?)

Fanny about with it yourself, (i'm finding life is too short for DIY)

Bin it off & get a new one

Mr? Veritas God

5 hours ago, MrHappy said:

Batteries in correct way.  Yes got engineers code. Have been in touch with a few local alarm installers,  they dont want to know as its not there system. So trying my best to fix it without doing more harm than good.  Got a engineers installation manual on it,  awfull guide, but better than nothing. But not intended for home owners to use so understanding what menual and sub menus etc and numbers is a pain.

Dont know why i would get a false alarm for patio and shed wireless sensors saying L  as patio door sensor is new and both have new batteries. 

Perhaps caused by landing window sensor playing up?  

Why outside siren would go off with new wireless sensor and not original when system on test mode  i no idea unless i need to change default settings on panel for new sensor. ?? 

Time to save money up i think next and pull the system out. Getting to be annoying now.

Why after fitting a new wireless sensor to the landing and then testing the system it sets off the externel siren as well as the internal one. The old sensor never did this.   ? 

So decided to refit old wireless sensor to landing.  put system on test  .   Now sensor works again and no external siren is heard just the internal one when i open the landing window on test mode.

Absolutely crazy this  risco gear. 

wireless sensor for outside shed has triggered again , exactly  a week on from last time after i repaired the sensor . 

setting off internal alarm at 4am .

outside shed   L !!!!

spoken to risco who have said its a lost signal fault .

is there any risco gardtec experts on this forum   who can tell me why I am getting this fault ?  

there must be a way of stopping these alarms from setting off the internal alarm , so i just get a panel warning rather than a internal siren going off?

Getting very close now to me pulling this system out the house as now as loosing my patience with it .................new up to date alarm system  I think?

On 2017-6-3 at 1:35 PM, MrHappy said:

Product knowledge....

You either find someone to local to work with your alarm (ring risco & ask them for local firm?) 

Fanny about with it yourself, (i'm finding life is too short for DIY) X

Bin it off & get a new one 

• Upvote 1

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

5 hours ago, karl taylor said:

wireless sensor for outside shed has triggered again , exactly  a week on from last time after i repaired the sensor . 

setting off internal alarm at 4am .

outside shed   L !!!!

spoken to risco who have said its a lost signal fault .

is there any risco gardtec experts on this forum   who can tell me why I am getting this fault ?  

there must be a way of stopping these alarms from setting off the internal alarm , so i just get a panel warning rather than a internal siren going off?

Getting very close now to me pulling this system out the house as now as loosing my patience with it .................new up to date alarm system  I think?

Put repeater closer to wall nearest to shed , think you can do that quite easily 

Thanks for the advise.

Have now had to email risco again. To be honest now i have just about given up with the stupid thing.

Small shed us  saying Tamper with internal alarm going off. Tried 5 times today to fix it by unistalling and then reinstalling the sensor but no good.

Have swapped sensor over with another one and it works fine in that zone but not for shed. Have even tried fitting my spare new sensor to it and also creating a new zone with either the old or new sensor but makes no odds.

The system worked fine for a few years but now its knackered i think.

Another fault which has happened at the same time is the landing window which has a wireless sensor on it when i open the window when the alarm is not activated it sets the full house alarm off. So i put the flag up,  i need to get some one in now.

I ring risco up on monday and find out who are the approved service engineers for the alarm in my area and take it from there now as i carnt do any more. I give up. 

Think now could be the time to ditch it. 

Whats one of the more realiable wired and wireless systems out at the minute?

12 minutes ago, karl taylor said:

Thanks for the advise.

Have now had to email risco again. To be honest now i have just about given up with the stupid thing.

Small shed us  saying Tamper with internal alarm going off. Tried 5 times today to fix it by unistalling and then reinstalling the sensor but no good.

Have swapped sensor over with another one and it works fine in that zone but not for shed. Have even tried fitting my spare new sensor to it and also creating a new zone with either the old or new sensor but makes no odds.

The system worked fine for a few years but now its knackered i think.

Another fault which has happened at the same time is the landing window which has a wireless sensor on it when i open the window when the alarm is not activated it sets the full house alarm off. So i put the flag up,  i need to get some one in now.

I ring risco up on monday and find out who are the approved service engineers for the alarm in my area and take it from there now as i carnt do any more. I give up. 

Think now could be the time to ditch it. 

Whats one of the more realiable wired and wireless systems out at the minute?

You need to bin it with all this 

Its looking that way at the minute. I am not surprised alot of risco cpx gear is getting flogged on ebay at the minute.

I tried and failed to fix it myself.  Carnt do any more. 

I think its all to do with its old technology in a modern house. Too much interference from new tvs with WiFi as got two of them and its just a primative system.

I see what risco say monday as i see if i can a risco engineer out next week but costs v repair might not bother fixing it now.

Lmfao.    Like that. Yes have to see the funny side of it all, lifes to short not too.

Bloody risco gear.

I carnt understand why if an alarm is off when i open a landing window it set the full alarm off. Got to be a programing issue with that sensor and the **** panel. I see what risco say next week as i carnt do much more with it.

1 hour ago, karl taylor said:

Its looking that way at the minute. I am not surprised alot of risco cpx gear is getting flogged on ebay at the minute.

I tried and failed to fix it myself.  Carnt do any more. 

I think its all to do with its old technology in a modern house. Too much interference from new tvs with WiFi as got two of them and its just a primative system.

I see what risco say monday as i see if i can a risco engineer out next week but costs v repair might not bother fixing it now.

Can't take you seriously now, has to be some blag in all this somewhere lol

1 hour ago, MrHappy said:

He's the last chap who tried a DIY repair of his Gardtec hybrid radio system....

262598_original.jpg

Ah I had one other day , just about swapped a Pir to another zone lol

Why they make it so confusing or was gardtec risco and the wireless all botched together with a few firmware updates ( Mr texe will be reading firmware bit)