Security Installer Community

ACCENTA 6 KEYPAD

2 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Sorry but your just making matters worse , cost always is the issue , but then that reflects why your not asking an an engineer not to fix it or replace it 

Will you admit , yes you already have 

I Don't know what you are trying to get at, why am i making matters worse?, all im asking is for some advise, a couple of elite members gave me some options ie fuse etc, then i read on another thread about cleaning the keypad & the system may need rebooting etc because we disconnected the keypad, if a simple fix why would i want a engineer to fix, but if these options do not work then yes i would get someone to replace it. I know the system is old, but does it matter if i can afford it or not? i had someone come out and said it might be the keypad, they will try and get a replacement, but still waiting for them to come back to me and i am left with no house alarm and smoke detectors, so im trying to see if i can get it working whats wrong with that? 

So is this thread not for asking questions? if not then please delete my thread regarding this.

1 hour ago, Tracy Seager said:

I Don't know what you are trying to get at, why am i making matters worse?, all im asking is for some advise, a couple of elite members gave me some options ie fuse etc, then i read on another thread about cleaning the keypad & the system may need rebooting etc because we disconnected the keypad, if a simple fix why would i want a engineer to fix, but if these options do not work then yes i would get someone to replace it. I know the system is old, but does it matter if i can afford it or not? i had someone come out and said it might be the keypad, they will try and get a replacement, but still waiting for them to come back to me and i am left with no house alarm and smoke detectors, so im trying to see if i can get it working whats wrong with that? 

So is this thread not for asking questions? if not then please delete my thread regarding this.

No need to delete lol

No smoke alarms because of house alarm....

Why would you want an engineer to fix it? Because you can't fix it? 

No one mentioned if you can "afford it" millionaires do the same, I said it's about paying

As above you said it not me "if it's a simple fix why would I want an engineer to fix it" , was it a sparky you called to fix and said might be keypad or neighbour? Because you thought it was simple fix you called someone

Anyhow don't take it all to seriously , like you said "you have no idea" 

Your definitely at the stage you need to call a professional or very competent person , I am often told that lol

Edited by al-yeti

49 minutes ago, Tracy Seager said:

i had someone come out and said it might be the keypad, they will try and get a replacement, but still waiting for them to come back to me and i am left with no house alarm and smoke detectors, so im trying to see if i can get it working whats wrong with that?

If they think it's the keypad at fault without checking in the panel or the fuses I suggest you look for help elsewhere.

Yes, this is the place to ask questions.

I would assume that "making matters worse" is referring to taking the keypad apart when that wasn't necessarily the issue in the first place.

If you are uncertain what you are doing you maybe best to have someone look at it anyway.

Even if you fix the fault there maybe an underling issue waiting round the corner with a unmaintained system of that age.