Security Installer Community

ACCENTA 6 KEYPAD

I have Accenta 6, never had a problem, then the other night around midnight the outside alarm went off even though it wasn't set, half asleep I entered our code a couple of times then realised I put the correct code in and it stopped but the attack light was on and the keypad wasn't working, but we had the red power and the green day light working.

We had everything tested and battery extra seem ok, buttons started working except a few of them, we took it apart cleaned the back of the buttons which the ones not working was black, put it back together the alarm went off but now the keypad has not power or no day light lit, is there something we should do to reactivate the keypad, or what should we test, my sons just qualified sparky but never dealt with alarms.

Cant find anywhere a replacement can we just change the keypad for a newer version but not sure what is compatible, I've tried to ring for assistance but keep being put through to Spain or somewhere abroad.

If someone could help or advise us it would be appreciated.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

This system is pretty obsolete; I wouldn't recommend any of the newer models personally, it's also very, very old. Do you still have your original Nokia 3310? Probably not!

Has the battery been tested with a proper battery testing device, or has a voltage just been taken? Are you sure it's actually charging?

As above it sounds as if it's completely gone now, either a PSU failure or a short from the tinkering (or, damaged cables that also caused the initial fault - possibly rodents)

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

37 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

This system is pretty obsolete; I wouldn't recommend any of the newer models personally, it's also very, very old. Do you still have your original Nokia 3310? Probably not!

Has the battery been tested with a proper battery testing device, or has a voltage just been taken? Are you sure it's actually charging?

As above it sounds as if it's completely gone now, either a PSU failure or a short from the tinkering (or, damaged cables that also caused the initial fault - possibly rodents)

Hi, thanks for replies, do you know what system I can swap over like for like?

:oOMG I don't have rodents:o

Bells are fairly universal, and sensors and cables can work with any brand of replacement.

Personally, I would replace with a Scantronic 9651 as it comes with full instructions and you get a full LCD screen; others might recommend something similar like a Pyronix Euro etc...

However. most important, before you do anything, is to test each cable to each device (inc. the bell) individually to rule out damage, shorts, or opens. Your son should be more than

capable of this as it's pretty much the same process as testing any cable and not just an alarm thing.

Personally, I would also take the opportunity to upgrade the PIR sensors at the same time, but let us know what the cables are like first!

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

To me it sounds like initially there may have been an issue with the external sounder tamper, followed by poking about in the keypad has blown a fuse.

Either way it's possibly repairable but most places would sell you a new system to get it up to date. Wiring could probably be reused or most would throw some wireless tat in.

Either that or a long goosed battery, an overnight transient power fail, followed by the overheating charging circuit finally taking the rest with it?

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

To me it sounds like initially there may have been an issue with the external sounder tamper, followed by poking about in the keypad has blown a fuse.

Either way it's possibly repairable but most places would sell you a new system to get it up to date. Wiring could probably be reused or most would throw some wireless tat in.

As my son was wiring it back up the alarm went off (the tamper sound) but when finished no power, I will try the fuse 1st, thank you

Edited by Tracy Seager

2 hours ago, Hillbilly said:

Looks like the power wires have shorted in the keypad and blown a fuse in the panel.

With the keypad playing up I would advise a replacement panel/keypad/bell.

We took the keypad completely off, I read a few replies saying about powering down etc etc etc? then re start system it could re power the keypad? I haven't a clue lol

Thank you

7 hours ago, Tracy Seager said:

We took the keypad completely off, I read a few replies saying about powering down etc etc etc? then re start system it could re power the keypad? I haven't a clue lol

Thank you

Sorry but your just making matters worse , cost always is the issue , but then that reflects why your not asking an an engineer not to fix it or replace it 

Will you admit , yes you already have 

2 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Sorry but your just making matters worse , cost always is the issue , but then that reflects why your not asking an an engineer not to fix it or replace it 

Will you admit , yes you already have 

I Don't know what you are trying to get at, why am i making matters worse?, all im asking is for some advise, a couple of elite members gave me some options ie fuse etc, then i read on another thread about cleaning the keypad & the system may need rebooting etc because we disconnected the keypad, if a simple fix why would i want a engineer to fix, but if these options do not work then yes i would get someone to replace it. I know the system is old, but does it matter if i can afford it or not? i had someone come out and said it might be the keypad, they will try and get a replacement, but still waiting for them to come back to me and i am left with no house alarm and smoke detectors, so im trying to see if i can get it working whats wrong with that? 

So is this thread not for asking questions? if not then please delete my thread regarding this.

1 hour ago, Tracy Seager said:

I Don't know what you are trying to get at, why am i making matters worse?, all im asking is for some advise, a couple of elite members gave me some options ie fuse etc, then i read on another thread about cleaning the keypad & the system may need rebooting etc because we disconnected the keypad, if a simple fix why would i want a engineer to fix, but if these options do not work then yes i would get someone to replace it. I know the system is old, but does it matter if i can afford it or not? i had someone come out and said it might be the keypad, they will try and get a replacement, but still waiting for them to come back to me and i am left with no house alarm and smoke detectors, so im trying to see if i can get it working whats wrong with that? 

So is this thread not for asking questions? if not then please delete my thread regarding this.

No need to delete lol

No smoke alarms because of house alarm....

Why would you want an engineer to fix it? Because you can't fix it? 

No one mentioned if you can "afford it" millionaires do the same, I said it's about paying

As above you said it not me "if it's a simple fix why would I want an engineer to fix it" , was it a sparky you called to fix and said might be keypad or neighbour? Because you thought it was simple fix you called someone

Anyhow don't take it all to seriously , like you said "you have no idea" 

Your definitely at the stage you need to call a professional or very competent person , I am often told that lol

Edited by al-yeti

49 minutes ago, Tracy Seager said:

i had someone come out and said it might be the keypad, they will try and get a replacement, but still waiting for them to come back to me and i am left with no house alarm and smoke detectors, so im trying to see if i can get it working whats wrong with that?

If they think it's the keypad at fault without checking in the panel or the fuses I suggest you look for help elsewhere.

Yes, this is the place to ask questions.

I would assume that "making matters worse" is referring to taking the keypad apart when that wasn't necessarily the issue in the first place.

If you are uncertain what you are doing you maybe best to have someone look at it anyway.

Even if you fix the fault there maybe an underling issue waiting round the corner with a unmaintained system of that age.