Security Installer Community

Scantronic / Old System

3 hours ago, Spherehopper said:

was replaced when we had all the boards up hence discovering later poor workmanship as well.

when the alarm was done in 80's it was very unusual to gut & completely redo a house in one hit.

the cable skinned across the door way would be so it wouldn't be seen under a thinning carpet, the soldiered joints where quite nicely done

its probably given decades of service...

If you've the budget to have all the boards up & replace all the doors, why haven't you got £150 for decent controls ?

• Upvote 2

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

1 hour ago, datadiffusion said:

but running bare cores any distance, normal, really? Blimey.

it either been skinned to lay flatter or the outer insulation has been damaged then removed ?

who knows, subscriber might have complained about a bump in the carpet & this was the solution ?

Its appear to have been in place sometime...

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:24 PM, MrHappy said:

If you've the budget to have all the boards up & replace all the doors, why haven't you got £150 for decent controls ?

What would you suggest? I don't see any problem using decent electronics that are working fine. A new battery, all tests fine, it's probably half way through it's life. The Scantronic box seems perfectly adequate. Why blow £150 for no reason?

22 hours ago, james.wilson said:

you know the answer h, spent on a new iPhone. will keep the 18yr old alarm running then complain its ***** when it finally curls it toes

I think you misread me. What's an iPhone? (born 1958, an iphobe if not a technophobe). What I dislike is wasting money. Reusing my existing gear, tweaked to what I need it to do is surely being "green". If it "curls it's toes" then I shall replace it with a new panel. Whilst it works and does the job I need, then why change?