Security Installer Community

[London] Ideal role for a Security Systems Engineer looking for a strategic move

Job description

If you like to make things happen by making sure everything gets to the right people in the right places, then take a peek at what your life could be like if you joined Welcome Gate as our Operations and Warehouse Coordinator.

Are you good at multi-tasking? Things will be coming at you rapid fire and from all directions, and you'll need to handle that calmly and with grace. You'll have a strong interest in technology and be keen to learn more. Working alongside you is a team of people who are fully committed to give their all, because everyone in our team cares and takes it personally to provide our clients with peace of mind. If this is you, and all the little details about creating the greatest service experience is an obsession, then we need to talk.

Every day you will have the opportunity and the power to make things happen, because we do it right, right to the end.

If you've worked in a technical equipment retail or wholesale environment, or in a security systems business, that would be great. We hire for attitude and interest. The rest you can learn on the job.

The ideal candidate will have:

• Strong organisational skills

• Attention to detail

• Initiative, but not be afraid to ask for help

• Warehouse and stock management experience

• A practical problem-solving attitude

This role reports to the Head of Operations.

22 hours ago, JasonOfOz said:

Things will be coming at you rapid fire and from all directions

"This is a badly run business in utter chaos, severely lacking man management skills, and where no-one knows whats happening next - hence this vacancy"

I am not suggesting this is true, OP, but that's how it will sound like reading it.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

ahhh..thanks Datadiffusion!

Good point - didn't read it like that - so thanks for the tip :)

I'd be lying if I said we were the perfect company with systems in place and a clear procedure for everything, but I know that we are definitely trying hard to do things better.

What we wanted to get across was that it's a very agile environment and both Clients and Engineers have certain demands and sometimes those demands aren't predictable so we need to react/respond in the best way possible. (Having been a client myself, I know what it's like on both sides of the fence - our clients have bosses too...)

If you look at old trading floors where brokers are screaming and shouting at each other - to a lay-person like me, it would be easy to assume there is utter chaos, system is badly run with no management in place and definitely no one with a crystal ball to predict what is happening next. Experienced traders would say it is the most organised, structured and regulated environment you could ever work in.

It's also the reason why we offer trial days for all our roles - that way, we don't end up accidently hiring old stock-brokers.

1 hour ago, JasonOfOz said:

What we wanted to get across was that it's a very agile environment and both Clients and Engineers have certain demands and sometimes those demands aren't predictable so we need to react/respond in the best way possible. (Having been a client myself, I know what it's like on both sides of the fence - our clients have bosses too...)

The security industry is very reactive anyway. I wouldn't say that needed explaining.

1 hour ago, JasonOfOz said:

It's also the reason why we offer trial days for all our roles - that way, we don't end up accidently hiring old stock-brokers.

It would be standard practice to have a 3 months trial period.

I assume trial days are more like a pre-screening?

Nice Norman!

We should get you to write our job adverts :)

Thanks guys!

ps. Yes, the trial days are just a pre-screening exercise - they are prescreening us as much as we are them.

pps. What does everyone think about it being suitable for an Engineer who wants to come off tools? Have any of your companies ever taken an Engineer out of the field and done this? Experiences?