Security Installer Community

HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN ??

HI GUYS N GALS,

before I start iam not green ive doing this too long and iam not afraid of loosing work in all the right circumstances but this takes the biscuit.

Driving to a job to install a new system and we pass a job that's due a store refit next week and I notice a bright shinny new bell box, Strange, so I went inside and introduced myself, I questioned the new system. apparently Head office had authorised it said the member of staff. So as you do, I ring Head office and no one knows nothing about it ! well i rang the "new company" and questioned it they said yes it had been authorised and here is the persons name. Which it turns out to be a member of staff ! so i called the store today to try and get to the bottom of this only to find out that a Cold call sales lady, had been in, said she had been sent from HO and could you just sign this to say I had been in store. The following week a brand new alarm had been installed with new Redcare monitoring !!

The main point to this is, to my dismay  I called the local police force only to be told yes you did hold the live urn but it had been transferred to the new installer. I questioned this and said surely you should contact the installer and say have you lost this job, is the transfer legal, because in this instance it wasn't. apparently NOT ! has anyone else come across this ?

anyway good news,

We are ripping the shinny new system out on Monday and fitting our shinny new one that week, and I have already applied for the URN.

I carnt believe how easy the police force released the URN without some kind of checks.

so up yours big guy, little guy wins this one.

just need to track down the con woman that signed them up, give her a piece of my mind.

rant over, thanks

Assured, CHUBB or ADT?

I also find this hard to believe...

"Cold call sales lady, had been in, said she had been sent from HO and could you just sign this to say I had been in store "

Edited by norman

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.